Thread: Aftermarket Drop-in Beretta 92 barrels

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Aftermarket Drop-in Beretta 92 barrels

Who makes a better aftermarket drop-in barrel for the Beretta 92 series of guns? BarSto, KKM, other? I'm talking in terms of reliability, durability & accuracy. I like the fact that BarSto will fit the barrel for you if required. I'm trying to build something that's accurate enough for a match, but reliable enough to carry. A poor man's Elite I.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Aren't the Elite barrels just shortened and have a different crown? I've never heard anyone say the 92 needed an improvement in accuracy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The factory barrel is plenty accurate, 92s are known for that. Unless you are shooting bulls-eye, it's a waste to improve on the 92's accuracy.

Feedback Score
    A couple of years back M4Guru did some accuracy testing of different pistols at 25 meters. One of those was an M9. Take a look for yourself. Gives you an idea of what the M9 is capable of doing. Not sure whether you're looking for better than that or not. Here's the link. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...68#post1301968

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Like others said, the Beretta factory barrel is more than accurate enough for most types of target shooting, matches, etc. If you are a serious bullseye shooter who demand 1" group or less at 25 yards and capable skill wise to produce it, then maybe a match barrel by Barsto or KKM is what you need. But if you want to assemble a gun that resemble one of the earlier Elite models, then a stainless barrel wouldn't be a bad thing. I've thought of that myself but really don't want to spend $250 to just get that "look".

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    One of the reasons I've considered a drop-in stainless barrel is my concern about cutting a factory chrome-lined to be flush with the slide. I would like to keep my factory barrel for resale and I have heard rumors about chipping of chrome when cutting a lined barrel.