Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arc'terex Alpha & Alpha LT jacket: what's the civi version?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Get yourself a Beta AR, you won't regret it! I know the MSRP is $550, but I got one on eBay for $280 that was a 2014 version (black) brand new with tags. It's the best hardshell I've ever owned. Paired with my Atom LT or Thorium AR I'm covered for all seasons and conditions.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim059 View Post
    Get yourself a Beta AR, you won't regret it! I know the MSRP is $550, but I got one on eBay for $280 that was a 2014 version (black) brand new with tags. It's the best hardshell I've ever owned. Paired with my Atom LT or Thorium AR I'm covered for all seasons and conditions.
    will visit local outlet store and see if I can get the same deal.
    thanks for the recommendation
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you are in a fight, and something impedes your ability to adequately project force, correct that problem or remove yourself from the fight.

Feedback Score
    I have been using a Alpha SV jacket for right at a year now. It replaced an old Moonstone three-layer jacket that ended up delaminating in the hood area. I called Gore to see about getting it repaired and they told me to send it to them since it was so old and held up so well. Long story short I had an almost 15 year old jacket that had MORE than served me well replaced (at no charge) with a Alpha SV.

All of this to say I have worn both the LEAF product and the "Civi" version. The SV civi version is more streamlined and less bulky. To me its better.

Just my thoughts.
    הבן שלי של מגן
    My Son's Protector

citadelshooter

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by citadelshooter View Post
    I have been using a Alpha SV jacket for right at a year now. It replaced an old Moonstone three-layer jacket that ended up delaminating in the hood area. I called Gore to see about getting it repaired and they told me to send it to them since it was so old and held up so well. Long story short I had an almost 15 year old jacket that had MORE than served me well replaced (at no charge) with a Alpha SV.
    All of this to say I have worn both the LEAF product and the "Civi" version. The SV civi version is more streamlined and less bulky. To me its better.
    Just my thoughts.
    thanks for sharing your experience.
    I've been trolling either Amazon or eBay hopefully catch a dip in prices.
    If you are in a fight, and something impedes your ability to adequately project force, correct that problem or remove yourself from the fight.

Feedback Score
    I have owned an LEAF Alpha for years. It is a great jacket, but too short in front and I would not buy it again for that reason. The Gen 2 Alpha is indicated as longer in front, and corrects what I believe is the only shortcoming of the Gen 1, although other improvements were made.

I have several additional non-LEAF jackets, only 1 of which is Gortex. All were purchased at discounts of about 50% through Sierra Trading Post. STP does not get their gear often, but you can sign-up for notification by email for when they do. I have never seen LEAF items on their site.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I know you guys aren't talking about the Atom LT but they are currently on sale at REI. The hooded version is $150 until the 23rd. After that it goes back up to $229. Just a heads up for those interested.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    I know you guys aren't talking about the Atom LT but they are currently on sale at REI. The hooded version is $150 until the 23rd. After that it goes back up to $229. Just a heads up for those interested.
    MY MAN!!! Thanks for letting us know about this sale. I dropped so many hints to my wife, she's getting ready to break and buy the BETA AR for
    Thanksgiving as an early Christmas gift.
    I am interested in complimenting my LEAF Drac with a hooded Atom LT or even a Naga (if priced appropriately)

Big Thanks 021411

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    No problem.. Just passing along the savings. 34% off is a nice discount. Plus it's from REI so if you aren't satisfied with it a year from now (as a member) you can return it.

I set up my (LEAF) account long ago but forgot all about it and ran across the Drac today while browsing. How is it?
    Last edited by 021411; 11-16-14 at 04:08.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    No problem.. Just passing along the savings. 34% off is a nice discount. Plus it's from REI so if you aren't satisfied with it a year from now (as a member) you can return it.
    I set up my (LEAF) account long ago but forgot all about it and ran across the Drac today while browsing. How is it?
    of course, missed out on the selection. all they got are red-colored Atom LT for Mens...went to Women's section, they have Carbon Copy Atom LT in Medium...I'm sexy that way ...but, as wife pointed out, Women's cut doesn't have a longer "tail" than Men's.

I guess I'll try the online or go next week at the Outlet Store.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledanek View Post
    I got stuck in a blizzard here in Chicago at one point and a torrential rain, so waterproofing is essential. Something light and packable.
    I've tried Mountain Hardware selections, but not satisfied with the chest pockets. Forget North Face because frankly, I'm tired of seeing that brand from day and night.

I saw some Theta AR Jacket and Beta AR at a Salomon-Arc'Teryx outlet (are companies related?) in Wisconsin. It reminds me of the LEAF Alpha immediately, minus the velcro patches, heavy zipper, and vertically routed hem drawcord.
    I can live without those and the zipper in the shoulder.

What I can't stand (what's available in the outlet store) was uber bright colors. I prefer Wolf over Crocodile, but...it grows you. All the dark hues are XXL. I float between Medium and Large.

I would be happy with the Arc'Teryx LEAF ALPHA LT and LEAF ATOM LT HOODY, on the condition I get it both for under $400

I'm not a climber or avid backpack tracker, but, after that blizzard and torrential rain, I rather have appropriate clothing.

thanks for replying.
    i would recommend getting one of arcteryx's shells with less insulation and then getting a separate fleece or wetdown warming layer. this lets you layer and have a more versatile wardrobe as well as moisture manage as long as you're not in an area that requires outright crazy insulation. if you go this route make sure to buy a size up or an appropriate size so you can fit it over your warming layer, depending on how thick potential warming layers are.

keep in mind going this route affects how you use pockets, whether you decide to use the pockets on the shell garment or the warming garment.
    Last edited by trinydex; 11-21-14 at 14:26.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast