Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 11.5 & Mini SUPPRESSORS?

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    See reading this changes my outlook entirely, makes me wanna throw a brake on everything (as a sacrificial baffle) and shoot suppressed 100% of the time.
    This is usually what happens when you have SBRs and get suppressors. Just a lot more pleasant to shoot. Be prepared for extended gun cleaning sessions though..

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    See reading this changes my outlook entirely, makes me wanna throw a brake on everything (as a sacrificial baffle) and shoot suppressed 100% of the time.
    Now you're thinking. After all only assholes and communists shoot unsuppressed
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    This is what's always prevented me from committing to a 5.56 suppressor. I'm more interested in running .300 BLK or 7.62 suppressed.
    Nothing supersonic will be hearing safe. Just buy the 5.56 can and try to have earpro on when you use it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    Nothing supersonic will be hearing safe. Just buy the 5.56 can and try to have earpro on when you use it.
    I've been running a 12.5" gun with our new Saker-K and I love it. That said, it isn't quite as "mini" as some of the other cans out there, so the sound reduction is a bit better. I don't think I'll be going back to fullsize 5.56 cans anytime soon.
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    I might just have to steal this post and use it as my sig line, "Only assholes & communists shoot unsuppressed"... Classic!

Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    I've been running a 12.5" gun with our new Saker-K and I love it. That said, it isn't quite as "mini" as some of the other cans out there, so the sound reduction is a bit better. I don't think I'll be going back to fullsize 5.56 cans anytime soon.
    I really hope those Saker Ks hit Silencer Shop soon, I still need one for my SCAR 16 CQC.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Brilliant. This needs to be a t-shirt or bumper sticker. Can I steal it?
    --Nick

Feedback Score
    I might just have to steal this post and use it as my sig line, "Only assholes & communists shoot unsuppressed"... Classic!

I really hope those Saker Ks hit Silencer Shop soon, I still need one for my SCAR 16 CQC.
    They're awesome.

--Nick

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    Brilliant. This needs to be a t-shirt or bumper sticker. Can I steal it?
    Only if you send me the t-shirt and/or stickers
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    I presume "godless sodomites" isn't PC

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I've ran my 10.5" with an M4S - it sure as s**t isn't hearing safe in any way, but it's better than something without a can that's SBR length. I can make this setup fit assembled can-on in a tennis racket case, but that's about all it's good for. It basically means if I'm indoors and shooting this with earpro on, it 'sucks less' because there's a can mitigating that. I haven't ran it at night, but I assume it still spews flames with most if not all full pressure loads.
    With the 14th on there it's actually pretty usable, and for OAL on an 11.5" this is still a pretty impressive setup for the length (just that SS reflex cans are heavy, only mitigated by being a touch closer than other options), it just isn't a quiver-killer 5.56 setup like something akin to NickB's (a 12.5" with a 5" can would be my unequivocal answer for 'if I could only have one 5.56 weapon system).
    In a two-gun option I'd want a Mk18 or 11.5", and a light Recce, so an 11.5" that can share a can with a precision setup is where this would be, so I'll take the 11.5"/Mini and its limitations as being still preferable to an unsuppressed 16".
    Last edited by TehLlama; 10-27-14 at 22:55.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast