Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 11.5 & Mini SUPPRESSORS?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    I don't know that I would say all SS Reflex units are heavy.
    Your 14th is only 15 1/2 oz which is lighter than the Saker 5.56 at 18 oz.
    EDIT: Full disclosure, I have a 15th in NFA jail... ATF willing, I am coming up on 5 months and hope to have it home soon.
    Objectively it's still a pretty light can, but I'm also counting the collar as part of the suppressor weight which brings everything bigger than the M4M over the one pound mark, and even porks up the M4S over the 13.5oz range. The Saker isn't super-light either, it's about even with the KAC NT4 for weight iirc, but reflex cans do a really exceptional job of hiding some of that weight since it's that much closer in. Then again... I am actively shopping for a titanium 7.62mm can, so that's also distorted my views on net weight somewhat.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Use the smallest collar.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Bumping an old thread instead of starting a new as this seems like the best place to ask - I'm new to suppressors, so this may be an elementary question.

Between an 11.5" with mini can and an unsuppressed 14.5" with flash hider, which would have more concussion indoors?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by methical20 View Post
    Bumping an old thread instead of starting a new as this seems like the best place to ask - I'm new to suppressors, so this may be an elementary question.

Between an 11.5" with mini can and an unsuppressed 14.5" with flash hider, which would have more concussion indoors?
    14.5 definitely. The 11.5 will be a little concussive, but the baffles are slowing down the rapid gas expansion into the structure.
    Last edited by markm; 02-08-18 at 12:24.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    14.5 definitely. The 11.5 will be a little concussive, but the baffles are slowing down the rapid gas expansion into the structure.
    This is why i have a mini on its way. My understanding is that supressed is quietter than any unsuppressed(within reason- 7” 556 barrels and micro silecers dont count).
    My 11.5” with mini will be shorter, quieter, and lighter(due to optic) than my 14.5”... at least thats the plan.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 02-08-18 at 19:33.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    This is why i have a mini on its way. My understanding is that supressed is quietter than any unsuppressed(within reason- 7” 556 barrels and micro silecers dont count).
    My 11.5” with mini will be shorter, quieter, and lighter(due to optic) than my 14.5”... at least thats the plan.
    Spot on. This is a good plan that works well.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I run an AAC mini on my 11.5 BCM. Shooting it outside is clearly not hearing safe but no 556 can is hearing safe IMO. There is no conscious boom but the crack is way louder than a full size can. I did 3 rounds inside my house shooting out through our french doors with no ear pro and it was very loud but not the ringing and disorientation of cracking off 3 rifle rounds without a can indoors.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I remember the first time I tried a mini, I was expecting to get some discomfort in my ears, but it was actually no louder than the M4-2000 can.

No discomfort does not mean no hearing damage. Most cans are still in the 130 db range and while this isn't the magical 140 bd, it will still chew up your ears. Wear double ear pro when not using a can. Use single ear pro when using a can.

http://sixty-six.org/files/GUNFIGHTE...OM_ear_pro.pdf
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    I run an AAC mini on my 11.5 BCM. Shooting it outside is clearly not hearing safe but no 556 can is hearing safe IMO. There is no conscious boom but the crack is way louder than a full size can. I did 3 rounds inside my house shooting out through our french doors with no ear pro and it was very loud but not the ringing and disorientation of cracking off 3 rifle rounds without a can indoors.
    I could have advised you against this. . They are all very loud indoors. And inside vehicles. And pretty anywhere without ear pro. If the round is super Sonic , Ive at least got foam plugs in.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    I could have advised you against this. . They are all very loud indoors. And inside vehicles. And pretty anywhere without ear pro. If the round is super Sonic , Ive at least got foam plugs in.
    Yea, I get it. That wasn't the point of the exercise.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast