Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Definitive Colt MK18 / CQBR SOPMOD Block II Build

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Finally received my SOCOM556-RC and got to play around a little at the range. I'm very impressed with the lockup mechanism... I also learned that the rear BUIS needs to go when running the ELCAN. I don't know how people shoot them moved forward on the upper. With my KAC 300m mounted behind it, my teeth were pretty much biting the charging handle.

Next up is a MRDS mounting plate in FDE and a Docter!
    Last edited by PFran42; 11-04-14 at 22:45.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    How/where did you get the 4 prong FH?

That's an excellent build BTW. The gold standard for what I've seen in MK18s.
    "When the time for performance has arrived, the time for preparation had passed."
    -Thomas S. Monson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I kept my eye on TOS EE for about 6 months before one popped up. From what I hear, the SF3P is a better muzzle device but the SF4P is "correct".

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've got the older version which is the 215A. The SF3P doesn't even come close as far as flash suppression is concerned. The larger three prongs might be stronger, but don't perform like the four prongs.
    "When the time for performance has arrived, the time for preparation had passed."
    -Thomas S. Monson

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PFran42 View Post
    That's the beauty of this style of build. You can be totally clone-correct at around $2500 and add parts/accessories as your budget/needs allow.
    $2500 still seems like a lot at first glance... but I remember doing the math on my 10.5 build with an Aimpoint... And it was right in that range.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    More pieces to the puzzle arrived today. I picked up an Elcan MRDS mount (FDE) and Docter MRDS as these are considered "clone-correct" additions. To be honest, even though I have had it for quite some time, I really not feelin' the Elcan. Every time I mount the EXPS3-0, I am amazed by how much faster it is (and how much lighter the complete package becomes).

Feedback Score
    Annnnndddd there's my dream build... envious. Looks amazing!!!
    Like pictures of guns, dogs, and trucks? Me too. Let's be friends, or not, whatever you want to do. Just an option
    Instagram

Psalm 140:4
    Profile pic by 556 Productions

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I love everything about this thread. And will make me covet my inbound mk18 upper even more.

Feedback Score
    Where are your tie-downs?

Just start pushin.

Nice build. All joking aside, I feel that the black SOPMOD is definitely the more commonly issued stock. I don't believe I've ever actually seen a toupe one in the wild (not saying they don't exist). From what I have seen, they are usually black or painted. I feel that the tan stock mostly came about as a builder's option, trying to balance the color of the rifle a little more without the rattle-can. We also generally get stuck with the Matech rear sight, who knows why.

Looks great. You obviously spared no expense, and the QR code is a nice touch.
    When asked a few days later by his superior what he was going to do once he was out of the plane without a parachute, Frank MacAlyster replied…

"One problem at a time sarge, one problem at a time..."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Where are your tie-downs?

Just start pushin.

Nice build. All joking aside, I feel that the black SOPMOD is definitely the more commonly issued stock. I don't believe I've ever actually seen a toupe one in the wild (not saying they don't exist). From what I have seen, they are usually black or painted. I feel that the tan stock mostly came about as a builder's option, trying to balance the color of the rifle a little more without the rattle-can. We also generally get stuck with the Matech rear sight, who knows why.

Looks great. You obviously spared no expense, and the QR code is a nice touch.
    Thanks for the feedback on the stock. I have a black gen 1 LMT Enhanced SOPMOD that I usually run on it and I should probably retake the pics with that stock installed as it is more true to the original. I think I am going to wait on the PEQ-15 to arrive from TNVC before I do any more glamour shots.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast