Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CZ75B Where Have You Been all my Life???

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

CZ75B Where Have You Been all my Life???

For those who don't know (more likely don't care), I'm not a big fan of the 9mm cartridge. I've owned many nines and sold all of them through the years. Well, I found a ridiculously good deal on a new CZ75B Omega so I picked it up on a whim and I'm in love. I already have 400+ rounds through it and it has been flawless. I demand accuracy in a firearm and it is the most accurate handgun that I own. The double action pull feels like a nice S&W revolver and the single action pull, though having a bit more take up than I would like, is amazing.

Now... Two questions:

1. Where are the accessories? I put some Hogue G-10 grips on mine (didn't like the VZs) but I'm having the hardest time finding a decent holster for it. It's my new "around the house gun" so I'm looking for an OWB, comfortable as possible paddle-type holster with a wide adjustment of cant. I can't seem to find one that doesn't have bad reviews.

2. I feel uncomfortable with a polymer guide rod in an all steel gun. One of my major deciding factors on purchasing the CZ was that it's a solid chunk of steel. However, I've read that a steel guide rod can damage it. Are there any other alternatives that anyone knows of that would give me the peace of mind of not having to use a polymer guide rod that wouldn't harm my gun???

Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    http://cajungunworks.com/index.html

This will help you out....Congrats on the best kept secret in the industry.
    Last edited by ritepath; 03-14-15 at 12:02.
    The Jeep is Family

Feedback Score
    I had to modify a leather holster made for some other firearm to fit mine. Just get one that's a close fit and then soak it in hot water and shape it around your CZ.

Is your guide rod full length or short like a 1911 GI guide rod? Either way the polymer ones the come with cause no problems.
    Last edited by An Undocumented Worker; 03-14-15 at 16:57.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    For an all steel/metal gun, a CZ would/could replace my Sig 226 DA/SA 9mm for the right price. I think I would want the 75 BD, even though the trigger pull is heavier with the de cocker system.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    Check safariland for holsters if you haven't already. As for cz, if I was buying a steel hammer gun, it would be an sp01 with sa trigger.

I had a 40 compact and a friend has a 75. I moved to an m&p40 and don't have any reason to go back. CZ is solid though.

...and keep the poly rod. There is no reason to change it.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    HBE Leather is big into CZs, and I believe he makes them for the 75B.

I had a couple of his holsters a few years ago and the quality was good, but I have not ordered anything recently.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Many holsters that fit the Beretta 92 will fit the CZ-75B. No worries on the poly guide rod. For carry, you'll want the compact, alloy framed 75D PCR, and oh yeah get the Kadet Kit .22LR adapter which works on all modern 75 based CZ's.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    The one photo I have seen online 10 plus years ago of an issue with a CZ and a steel guide rod was with an alloy framed P01. No one questioned how that individual sized his replacement guide rod or anything. It just turned into the typical internet OMG metal guide rods ruin CZ's. I think it is a non-issue since I currently have a CGW rod in my P07. I ran a Bedair SS rod in my 75B before I got rid of it. Come on over to The Original CZ forum for more info. David

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for all the info guys, I'm going to research all of your recommendations of holsters.
    My CZ has the short guide rod. After doing more research, I've decided to buy an extra polymer one in case the original breaks.

I didn't want the decocker version as I grew up shooting 1911s and I have no problems dropping a hammer on a loaded chamber. I considered the P01 but I didn't like the fact that it has an alloy frame but still weighs more than the regular CZ75B/Omega. I didn't care about an accessory rail since I already have a nightstand gun with a light. I have plenty of concealed carry guns, this was purchased solely for use as a daytime house carry.

I'll be looking into that cajungunworks site as well. It's already so nice as it comes from the factory that I don't want to mess with it too much. Does anyone have any experience with the IMI Defense/SigTac rototac holsters? Like I said, concealment is not an issue. I'm the type of guy that always has a gun on or near me. I just want an easy to access, comfortable holster that I can wear around the house and at the computer all day without poking me in the torso or groin that can serve double duty as a range holster.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    The 75B is a sweet gun, very low recoil, very accurate, well balanced and reasonably inexpensive. The double action trigger pull can be easily reduced with a reduced power hammer spring from Cajun, it takes about 3 minutes to change.

When I had my 75 I used the Blade Tech Eclipse holster, it's owb, comfortable, extremely fast. Comp Tac also make kydex holster for it. I prefer the Blade Tech though. Many leather holster choices too, Milt Sparks, Alessi are my favorite.

That's the Eclipse from Blade Tech.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast