Thread: Video of the M16

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Video of the M16

There is not an M16 dedicated section on this forum, so I hope it is ok for me to post this here.

Took the gun out a week ago. Hope you enjoy it.

Last edited by michaelkih; 10-28-14 at 18:21.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    very nice piece of history.

Feedback Score
    Awesome. Have you tried your f/a with a good brake? Not that you should do anything to that upper but maybe slap another on the lower. I ask because I have an mb556 and mgi buffer that do wonders and I figured they'd really be worth it for someone with auto.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cspackler View Post
    Awesome. Have you tried your f/a with a good brake? Not that you should do anything to that upper but maybe slap another on the lower. I ask because I have an mb556 and mgi buffer that do wonders and I figured they'd really be worth it for someone with auto.
    This gun will stay as is, but I do have a full auto 10.5" ar with a drop in sear and AAC brake, and it literally does not move. Brakes and buffers help a lot and have come a long way since the 1960s.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hey, cool vid and nice gun.

I am curious what the barrel and gas system length is on that.
    Maybe it's just me but it looks shorter than a 20", and the FSP seems to be further back than it would be on a rifle length gas system.

I notice that at around the 3:25 mark, it looks like the A2 flash hider is pushing your muzzle down quite a bit when shooting. My AR's don't have A2's, so I am not sure if that is common or not.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    Hey, cool vid and nice gun.

I am curious what the barrel and gas system length is on that.
    Maybe it's just me but it looks shorter than a 20", and the FSP seems to be further back than it would be on a rifle length gas system.

I notice that at around the 3:25 mark, it looks like the A2 flash hider is pushing your muzzle down quite a bit when shooting. My AR's don't have A2's, so I am not sure if that is common or not.
    Carbines have 14.5" barrels, and yes, the flash hider pushes the barrel down a lot. No muzzle rise. You actually have to push up when firing full auto. Not my favorite, but it needs to stay original.
    Last edited by michaelkih; 10-29-14 at 16:44.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Well I'm jealous. I would love to have that exact setup someday. Thanks for sharing.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelkih View Post
    Carbines have 14.5" barrels, and yes, the flash hider pushes the barrel down a lot. No muzzle rise. You actually have to push up when firing full auto. Not my favorite, but it needs to stay original.
    Ah, ok. The name of the thread/video said M16, so I was thinking it would be a 20". This would probably then be an M4A1, then?
    Very nice carbine.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    No this came well before the M4 rifles did.