Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Suppressor Help

Feedback Score
    The Specwar is a great can, especially if your primary goal is sound reduction and multi-caliber capability. That said, it does get a bit long/heavy on an SBR, so I tend to keep it on my DMRs and bolt guns. In my opinion, the best "Jack of all trades" is the Saker 762 - short enough to be reasonable on a carbine, but still offers great noise reduction for anything up to .308. I've been shooting a lot of 300 BLK lately, and the Saker with a direct thread mount on my 8" Noveske is my current favorite setup.
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    The Specwar is a great can, especially if your primary goal is sound reduction and multi-caliber capability. That said, it does get a bit long/heavy on an SBR, so I tend to keep it on my DMRs and bolt guns. In my opinion, the best "Jack of all trades" is the Saker 762 - short enough to be reasonable on a carbine, but still offers great noise reduction for anything up to .308. I've been shooting a lot of 300 BLK lately, and the Saker with a direct thread mount on my 8" Noveske is my current favorite setup.
    Disregard, question already answered, thank you for your help Nick!
    Last edited by PatrioticDisorder; 10-30-14 at 15:02.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    I got to handle a Saker 762 at my local gun store and it seemed like it was the perfect size and weight for what I was expecting. The only thing that turned me off about it was the price. They wanted full MSRP for it, I'm willing to buy a good product, but I want it at a reasonable price. There's another dealer close by and they seemed to have better prices so I'll have to check them out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahunter57 View Post
    I got to handle a Saker 762 at my local gun store and it seemed like it was the perfect size and weight for what I was expecting. The only thing that turned me off about it was the price. They wanted full MSRP for it, I'm willing to buy a good product, but I want it at a reasonable price. There's another dealer close by and they seemed to have better prices so I'll have to check them out
    If you can demonstrate to that shop you're able to source it from the internet and have a third party do the transfer, then they might be more able/willing to negotiate on price. Also, since the can will wait in NFA jail for a while regardless, you might as well try to wait them out.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I would do the Saker. Generally you choose two between weight, length, and silence. I picked up an SDN6 before the Saker 762 came out. I think right now the Saker is hands down the way to go. The modular design, multitude of QD mounts and the ability to swap out the end caps for the 556 version is a huge plus? It also makes the can quieter than their 556 can = WIN! The SDN6 is a great can and AAC seems to be having a bit of a fire sale before their move so if you could find one on the cheap that may be a good option but you loose some of the advantages listed above.

ps - its very had to stop at one stamp. Once you see how easy it is, it opens a whole other realm of toys.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    If you can demonstrate to that shop you're able to source it from the internet and have a third party do the transfer, then they might be more able/willing to negotiate on price. Also, since the can will wait in NFA jail for a while regardless, you might as well try to wait them out.
    This was my thinking, they did a good job of helping me out and showing me everything I wanted to see so I want to give them my money, but they are notorious for being high. I'll see if they are willing to negotiate.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    I would do the Saker. Generally you choose two between weight, length, and silence. I picked up an SDN6 before the Saker 762 came out. I think right now the Saker is hands down the way to go. The modular design, multitude of QD mounts and the ability to swap out the end caps for the 556 version is a huge plus? It also makes the can quieter than their 556 can = WIN! The SDN6 is a great can and AAC seems to be having a bit of a fire sale before their move so if you could find one on the cheap that may be a good option but you loose some of the advantages listed above.

ps - its very had to stop at one stamp. Once you see how easy it is, it opens a whole other realm of toys.
    The SDN6 was one of the ones he recommended, so that's an option also. I'm really loving the saker though.

I'm already planning my SBR, the one month wait had me giddy. I'm waiting on my scholarship check, it's all downhill from there.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I recently did a purchase with quiet riot firearms that was phenomenal and they hooked me up with a local FFL who will do the NFA transfer for less than I would pay at my lgs for a standard transfer. May be worth a call tomorrow as they have a great price on the saker.
    Last edited by themonk; 10-30-14 at 18:29.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahunter57 View Post
    This was my thinking, they did a good job of helping me out and showing me everything I wanted to see so I want to give them my money, but they are notorious for being high. I'll see if they are willing to negotiate.

It may be worth asking if they offer any services for selling at full MSRP. The shop I work at sells full price but also sets up trusts for first time buyers and doesn't charge anything to complete the paperwork and transfer. I've seen some shops in my area sell suppressors at a lesser price but turn around and charge $150 to complete the form 4s and transfer the item once the stamp returns from the ATF.

ETA: The SDN6 doesn't compare to the Saker 762 in terms of quality of sound reduction and construction. Just my opinion but we've shot them side by side and they were worlds apart.
    Last edited by Leonidas24; 10-30-14 at 18:43.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    ghjkl
    Last edited by Aries144; 05-11-19 at 19:24.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12