Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Props to Midway USA

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Props to Midway USA

So I managed to snag one of those AAC 5.56 middy uppers with the URX 3.1 from Midway while they were on sale for less for $600. I also ordered a pair of Colt firing pins and a bolt cam pin. I received my upper 3 days after ordering! I left it in the box as I still had to build up a lower for it first and didn't get to it until the next day. After finishing the lower I opened the box - there was an AAC box but no firing pins or cam pin. Not a big deal I thought, I'd just call Midway and tell them what happened. Well anyway, I opened the AAC box and everything looked great until I noticed- there's no BCG in my upper! I freaked out a little and called Midway expecting a hassle but instead was greeted by a very knowledgeable young man who took care of me in less than three minutes. Just moments after getting off the phone with him I had a tracking number for the pins and info on how to return the upper so that I would be compensated my return shipping.

True, my order should have been complete, but the ease with which the situation was corrected is why I'm giving Midway USA a big thumbs up. They handled it very professionally and quickly. Now I just have to wait another week for my upper to get back..

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    So those uppers didn't include the BCG as described?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    So those uppers didn't include the BCG as described?
    Well mine didn't, but apparently mine was an exception. The CS rep told me that a BCG should have indeed been included. I'm guessing that there's someone working in their warehouse snagging parts. I don't see AAC leaving out a BCG on an upper. You never know though.

EDIT: In case my post was confusing, they're sending me a new upper with BCG included. Why I had to send the whole upper in is another question.
    Last edited by Shao; 10-30-14 at 08:21.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    To me, righting a wrong out weighs a smooth order. Unless it happens every time I order from you.
    Not sure about you guys, but I'm only here for the free food and open bar.

Certified Smith & Wesson M&P Armorer
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    Most of these companies sell the same stuff, usually at about the same prices. What makes the difference is customer service. I've had to fight with some companies to get them to accept a return when they sent the wrong item to begin with.

I've always been very pleased with Midway's service, which is why I continue to do business with them. Certain other vendors should take the hint.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I use Midway all the time. They ship quickly, usually get it right the first time and when they don't they are extremely helpful and quick to take care of your issue.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    My only beef with them is that they started shipping nearly every package in just padded envelopes.

I've called and tried to request a box and they tell me they don't have direct comms with the shipping department and that is impossible.

For me that limits what I will buy from them because a padded envelope just doesn't cut it for a lot of products.

Feedback Score
    That's odd. Everything I've bought from them recently has come in too big a box.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexanInCali View Post
    That's odd. Everything I've bought from them recently has come in too big a box.
    Ammo?

I called and they told me anything that would fit in padded envelopes will go in padded envelopes. No exceptions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock22 View Post
    My only beef with them is that they started shipping nearly every package in just padded envelopes.

I've called and tried to request a box and they tell me they don't have direct comms with the shipping department and that is impossible.

For me that limits what I will buy from them because a padded envelope just doesn't cut it for a lot of products.
    I won't order scopes from them again. All three came in padded (if you can call 1/4" padded) envelope with the boxes destroyed inside the padded envelopes. Not a good way to receive $750 worth of optics. Luckily I have had no issues with the scopes. I'll order only small items that can't be squished.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast