Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BEV vs. Reaction Rod vs. Barrel Extension Torque Tool

Feedback Score

BEV vs. Reaction Rod vs. Barrel Extension Torque Tool

The Magpul BEV, the Geissele Reaction Rod, and Brownells Barrel Extension Torque Tool all perform the same function. The BEV looks like a good choice, as it is much smaller than either of the others and can also serve as a magazine block. It’s half the price of the Geissele tool and just $10 more than the Brownells tool.

Has anyone used the BEV and either (or both) of the other tools? If so, I’d like to hear your comments.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Geissele is worth every penny IMO. I have it and use it when I build, and when friends have a problem, but the Magpul BEV looks interesting. If you only build a few uppers, the BEV is probably a better investment, but we all know BRD (black rifle disease) is rampant!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I really like my Brownells tool. The only downside, when compared to the Geissele) is that it doesn't have flast to clamp into a vice.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    BOTACH makes a copy of the RR, their Barrel Spline Socket Rod is not all that bad for the original price of 39.99

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tostado22 View Post
    I really like my Brownells tool. The only downside, when compared to the Geissele) is that it doesn't have flast to clamp into a vice.
    I slip a 1/2" breaker bar into the unsplined end and secure the bar (actually a rod) in a vice so its vertical and the tool and upper are horizontal. Now the barrel nut and muzzle device are nice and high, and the whole thing is very stable.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    I slip an L shaped piece of 1/2" rod into the end of the Brownells so I can move the rod any which way I want. First time I used the rod I was sold.

Feedback Score
    Every time I come to this site I end up spending money.

So far this week I have bought a barrel, a Noveske MUR upper, a BCM Gunfighter charging handle and a new reamer for an M1 Garand.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indawire View Post
    I slip an L shaped piece of 1/2" rod into the end of the Brownells so I can move the rod any which way I want. First time I used the rod I was sold.
    You mean bar stock don't you?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    You mean bar stock don't you?
    Most likely to be key stock.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0N View Post
    BOTACH makes a copy of the RR, their Barrel Spline Socket Rod is not all that bad for the original price of 39.99
    This. I have used the rod from Botach several times and been happy with it. $39.99 shipped price is a good value compared to other more expensive options.
    The Geissele rod was more reasonable when the price was $49. Not at the current $99.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast