Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BEV vs. Reaction Rod vs. Barrel Extension Torque Tool

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PA PATRIOT View Post
    I just received and used the Botach Barrel Spline Socket Rod to install two muzzle breaks and an FN barrel to a Colt upper and the item worked as expected. The Botach is well machined and finished and had no noticeable wear when I completed the three tasks.

Now Botach has a new option were the buyer can "Make a Offer" on items they sell on their website and they accepted a $29.99 offer (50% off MSRP of $49.99) I made which included free shipping. Shipping was quick and I received the item in three business days.

Now I have used barrel tools/rods from other manufacturers and so far the Botach version seems to be on par with them so that said I would recommend the Botach Barrel Spline Socket Rod for the home builder especially if you can pick one up on the cheap with the "Make a Offer" option.

I did not use the make an offer option, got mine for 39.99. Received it one week after ordering. I'm completely satisfied with the product after one, count them, one usage (not much of a testimonial but it worked, and worked well.

Thanks to whoever posted about it.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 11-05-14 at 20:21.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My funny Botach story. Firstly I've never had any issues with anything I've purchased from Botach. The orders have shipped quickly and were always correct. At least they were up until my last order (Sept 2014). I wanted to buy a knife. They had a great deal ~$100 when everyone else was charging $150 to $160 for the same knife. The only problem was I wanted a partially serrated blade with a stone washed finish. The one they had was a standard edge and it was finished in black. But it looked great and at that price, it was a hell of a deal. So I ordered it. Three days later I had a package sitting on my desk when I got home from work. I opened it up and guess what I found. A stone washed partially serrated blade. LOL.... Not what I ordered but exactly what I wanted!

Feedback Score
    I see a "name your price" option on Botach now.

Feedback Score
    I
    Quote Originally Posted by PA PATRIOT View Post
    I just received and used the Botach Barrel Spline Socket Rod to install two muzzle breaks and an FN barrel to a Colt upper and the item worked as expected. The Botach is well machined and finished and had no noticeable wear when I completed the three tasks.

Now Botach has a new option were the buyer can "Make a Offer" on items they sell on their website and they accepted a $29.99 offer (50% off MSRP of $49.99) I made which included free shipping. Shipping was quick and I received the item in three business days.

Now I have used barrel tools/rods from other manufacturers and so far the Botach version seems to be on par with them so that said I would recommend the Botach Barrel Spline Socket Rod for the home builder especially if you can pick one up on the cheap with the "Make a Offer" option.
    They refused my $29.99 offer yesterday within minutes.
    I may give it another shot for a little more just because I like the haggling aspect of it .
    If it doesn't go through I'm buying the Geiselle since every trigger I've ever bought from them has been perfect.
    Last edited by Thump_rrr; 11-08-14 at 06:54.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Yeah rejected mine too for $25-30

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you go too low ball on the offers they will reject them 100% of the time, I have the best luck with 20% to 30% off offers but will score on a 50% off here and there. I have repeated the same offer on different days of the week and some times they bite on a previously rejected offer. It seems Botach has different employee's judging the "Name your price offers" and if you get the right person then your low ball offer is accepted.

So far I have saved some decent cash on specialty items they sell so if you don't mind playing the pricing game then you too can save a few bucks.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have the RR and love it. I had the opportunity to use the Brownells tool in an armorer course. The good thing about it is it can be used sans a vice (in the field usage). The bad thing about it is it can't be used with a vice w/ out some rigging. I prefer the RR, but it can't be used in the field like the Brownells tool.

I did pay regular retail ~$99 for the RR, but it was worth every penny!
    Life's a risk, enjoy the adventure - HOPLOETHOS

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I just used the RR for the first time that I got through G&R.

What a tool! Took me all of 5 minutes to swap muzzle devices (including finding correct shims and applying rocksett) and I did not feel any flex like you sometimes do with the tools that clamp to the receiver.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    For anyone interested, the Magpul BEV Block is currently in stock here. https://www.primaryarms.com/Magpul_A...k_p/mag536.htm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wow...finally in stock somewhere and I just bought a Reaction Rod last night, LOL

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast