Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Lamb Glock VS S&W M&P

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by plouffedaddy View Post
    Both platforms are excellent according to me but the one thing I really thought was odd was that he stated the 40S&W M&Ps were softer shooting than comparable Glocks and to me it's the exact opposite.
    Now this is my perception but I found the M&P 40 full size to be softer shooting than the Gen 3 G22. I've had other shooters tell me the same when they shot them back to back. Now Gen4 G22 to M&P 40 felt similar to me. Again, this is how recoil felt to me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I understand that the NEW M&P barrels (yes, and as replacements) have tighter lockup and may obviate the need for aftermarket barrels.

Feedback Score
    Almost everything he said is completely irrelevant to me. Don't shoot fo-tay, I think the Glock angle is superior, no WML (not that it is an issue on 9x19), I don't ride the link, I don't have fat hands/fingers, and I don't really care where it's made (as long as it's a western nation and it's made in it's origin country).

M&P has a superior slide release and serrations. S&W seems more open to the market (CORE series).

For me the Glock vs M&P thing is easy; shoot both pick which one you like more. They're both essentially the same thing: striker fired double stack guns that hold 17 rounds.
    Dogma is failure - Ken Hackathorn

Only performance counts - Paul Sharp

Feedback Score
    I have a comment about something that no one appears to consider. It concerns safety. Now I know this is considered to be a moot factor here, as "just keep your finger off the trigger" is the rule. I personally consider the Glock and the M&P to be the most dangerous well made pistols available, and the S&W with no manual safety being the worst of the two. Since the S&W trigger safety is the entire lower half, it is much more easily snagged on something such as clothing or a holster. At least the Glock has the trigger safety somewhat protected by the outside of the trigger itself.

These guns are not even fool proof and most certainly not even close to damn fool proof. If there is an ND somewhere it seems to almost always be either of these guns. Very few take place with a double action pistol with the hammer down.

So if I were to make the choice between bad and worse, it would have to be the Glock just for reasons of safety. As far as I'm concerned, there is no practical difference between carrying a cocked and UNLOCKED 1911 and either of these guns. The Glock was designed to be a military handgun and, at the time, no military in the world would let its soldiers carry a pistol with a round in the chamber.
    Dave

INNOVATION IS SELDOM ACCOMPLISHED WITHOUT CONTROVERSY.
    My first rule of a gunfight, thanks to John Farnam's wise advice. "Get away from there!"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    I understand that the NEW M&P barrels (yes, and as replacements) have tighter lockup and may obviate the need for aftermarket barrels.
    Not in my experience.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    (Mod edit: Comment without content. As written, borders on a personal attack. Edit and elaborate, or let this one be. -ST911)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I don't think Kyle is trying to convince anyone to do anything, just simply answering a question on why HE likes the M&P better. Hence him using the word "personally..." more than once. From personal experience I can tell you he respects both pistols equally, he just prefers the M&P. And he doesn't prefer the M&P because they make a VTAC version, they make a VTAC version because he prefers the M&P.
    Director of Business Development - Unity Tactical, LLC - Design and Validation for the tactical community.
    www.unitytactical.com / www.facebook.com/unitytacticalllc

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    Anecdotal but I picked up a couple of the newer M&P9 barrels from G&R for my older pistols and it's a noticeable improvement at 25 yards.
    Last edited by jayfl; 10-30-14 at 21:25. Reason: Clarity

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacer View Post
    I don't think Kyle is trying to convince anyone to do anything, just simply answering a question on why HE likes the M&P better. Hence him using the word "personally..." more than once. From personal experience I can tell you he respects both pistols equally, he just prefers the M&P. And he doesn't prefer the M&P because they make a VTAC version, they make a VTAC version because he prefers the M&P.
    kind of doubt that, almost certainly has to do with SW trying to gain market penetration and willing to try wild ideas like CORE and VTAC series. dont mean to slam kyle and havent watched the video yet.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by t15 View Post
    kind of doubt that, almost certainly has to do with SW trying to gain market penetration and willing to try wild ideas like CORE and VTAC series. dont mean to slam kyle and havent watched the video yet.
    Kyle was shooting/carrying M&P's years before he collaborated with S&W on the "cat crap brown" VTAC guns. If he was simply shilling for S&W, then he did a horrible job in that video.
    Director of Business Development - Unity Tactical, LLC - Design and Validation for the tactical community.
    www.unitytactical.com / www.facebook.com/unitytacticalllc

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast