Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Lamb Glock VS S&W M&P

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Can't find anything on 9mm Glocks having reliability issues with weapon lights. A Google search just brings up the 40s.
    With the 9mm's it is much more rare and is probably more load specific. If you read the instruction manual that comes with the SF X300, they state that it might cause problems with Glock's.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    There was a you tube video extracted from a Tac TV episode where LAV, Ken Hackathorn, and Dave Harrington stood around a table and talked about Their Glocks and Mods. They were all pretty much fans of the 9MMs (specifically G17/19), and both LAV and KH critiqued the .40 calls and mentioned that any light/ammo combo should be tested to ensure reliability due to frame twisting.

Then, KH spoke highly of the G20 (10MM).

KH and DH both spoke of trigger upgrades ("Guardian" from Glocktriggers.com was mentioned by DH) but that is an OEM trigger filed, buffed and polished.

Vid is no longer available on You tube but may be available on LAV's site.

My issue with the review was I find it hard to buy the M&P winning when Lamb said he replaces the barrels due to accuracy...seems like that's a pretty big detractor, doesn't it?

Can't say I have experience with the accuracy issue on the S&W, but he did...

Take Care,

Buzz
    I don't know if you heard all the video or not, but he clearly states that the accuracy issues with NEW M&P has improved greatly. This is true. On the flip side, I am constantly seeing NEW and old (GEN 2) Glock's with very loose fitting barrels. They shoot 6-8 inches high at 25yds or less.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    Both good pistols. The problem I personally have with the M&P is the addition cost of a new barrel and Apex Parts. Not really necessary, but it makes the M&P so much easier to shoot.
    No need to replace the barrel on the newer M&P's IMHO. While I am a fan of Apex parts, simply add the Apex U. striker block totally changes the gun. Same deal as changing out the slide catch, mag release and connector that the majority of people do.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacer View Post
    I don't think Kyle is trying to convince anyone to do anything, just simply answering a question on why HE likes the M&P better. Hence him using the word "personally..." more than once. From personal experience I can tell you he respects both pistols equally, he just prefers the M&P. And he doesn't prefer the M&P because they make a VTAC version, they make a VTAC version because he prefers the M&P.
    Very true. It is funny to watch people either get mad (because he doesn't like their fav pistol), state outdated info about S&W or that none of the issue Kyle has PERSONALLY witnessed is true.

For me, my main CCW gun is a G3 19 RTF2. In fact, I only own 2 M&P's, but own somewhere close to 10 Glock's.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    Hate to beat a dead horse:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...rns-sig-sauer/

I've seen S&W semi-autos come and go. The last one that I enjoyed was a 5906. I know I may get some flak for this one, but
    I think the M&P is going to go the way of the Sigma. S&W should stick to wheelguns IMO.

DISCLAIMER: I don't like Glocks either.
    You know this isn't actually true right? DPS actually continued on with the S&W, but are doing a Re-evaulation and have brought in the new HK VP9. Sig is totally out of the picture (FYI).

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 10-31-14 at 09:09.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    You know this isn't actually true right? DPS actually continued on with the S&W, but are doing aRe-evaulation and have brought in the new HK VP9. Sig is totally of the picture (FYI).

C4
    Actually I didn't know that, thanks for letting me know. But the fact of the matter is that they still switched.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    Actually I didn't know that, thanks for letting me know. But the fact of the matter is that they still switched.
    Yes, but switched from SIG to M&P. So SIG is totally out of the picture. Then the VP9 was released and they want to take a look at it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes, but switched from SIG to M&P. So SIG is totally out of the picture. Then the VP9 was released and they want to take a look at it.
    That makes sense since they wanted to go lighter weight which is why they adopted the M&P in the first place. Now with the VP9 out, it meets or beats their criteria that the M&P couldn't meet at a similar price point.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just wanted to add that I may be biased because I'm experiencing an all metal gun renaissance at the moment and have stopped looking at polymer pistols. I've been seeing older polymer parts and frames failing now and that worries me from an investment standpoint. I don't want to buy a gun that will become brittle in 30 years.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I don't know if you heard all the video or not, but he clearly states that the accuracy issues with NEW M&P has improved greatly. This is true.

C4
    I doubt that Kyle's or anyone else's word will be sufficient to overcome a mistrust that S&W has earned in this regard.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast