Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M&P45 Vs. Glock 21SF, Which to buy?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I would say the only reason to go M&P over a glock would be if you want a manual safety.
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    My duty gun is a g3 g21sf

Best 45 ever.
    THIS

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    After owning the MP45 for a while it was fine, but nothing to write home about. I wish I had bought the Glock 21 when I was was looking at both. I probably will buy a G21 eventually.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have small hands and have owned both weapons. The Glock was a Gen 2 and I just didn't warm up to it. Since then I purchased a M&P 45 Midsize and love it!. The weapon feels like it was made for my hand. It is very accurate and the recoil doesn't bother me a bit. The only time it has was after running one of Vickers Advanced Handgun classes and shooting a 1000 round in 2 days. The one issue I had with my M&P was the slide release. It was very difficult to manipulate until I had it worked on. I haven't handled a Gen4 G21 so i can't make that comparison right now. I also carry a G19 and have been tempted to go to my LGS to try out the G21.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    You gotta go with what you trust.

If you trust the M&P, then I say jus stick to that. Personally, I have never liked shooting them. Holding them, it's amazing. Shooting, though... I just don't care much for it.

I'm a G21 guy. I have a gen 4 that's been going strong for 4k rounds. The grip texture feels perfect, and I can't express how happy I've been with the factory beavertails. I can really dig into the gun without risk of contacting the slide. The trigger is great, and it's just a solid, comfy, easy-shooting handgun. 13+1 rounds of .45 ACP is hard to argue with, as well. And that's coming from a guy who's firmly in the 9mm camp.

Feedback Score
    I fired both quite a bit and bought the M&P45 Midsized. It fits like a glove (medium-large hands) and has worked without a hitch. It has a birthdate of 12/2013.

They're both good guns so you should shoot them both to see which you favor. Of course, since you own M&P, that should also weigh in your decision.
    US NAVY
    1961-1965

Feedback Score
    M&P 45 is seriously soft shooting

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sensei,

I experienced the same magazine problems that you speak of, I ordered Wolf Magazine Springs and it corrected the problem. I neglected to say that I have also have the Apex Polished, FSS and aluminum trigger. This is one sweet shooting and extremely accurate 45. Very happy with it.
    You only get one shot to make a lasting impression. *** Make it a good one!

Feedback Score
    I own both. The M&P Series is at it's best in .45ACP. Hard choice really. Shoot both and pick the one that shoots best for you. If both are about the same I'd get the M&P45 as except for the trigger mine was good to go out of the box with better sights and handling than the Glock21.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Owning both I have to give the nod to the G21. 3 extra rounds but more importantly Glocks fit my hand very well and I shoot them quite well and I have been shooting Glocks since '92 so I have a great comfort and experience level with Glocks. Nothing against the MP45 at all as I LOVE my M&P9 but for the big 45 I'll take the G21, either Gen 3 or Gen 4.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast