Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: M&P45 Vs. Glock 21SF, Which to buy?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I have 3 M&P45's and very much enjoy the platform. However, I am among the significant few who continue to experience the dreaded "sticky follower" phenomenon with my full size 10-round magazines. This is a big issue for me, and I refuse to trust my life to a gun that has this type of malfunction. S&W needs to take a close look at this problem, fix it, and make the M&P45 one of the most accurate and comfortable polymer 45's on the market.
    I always enjoyed shooting the M&P45 midsize that I had, though I carried it only in the woods and used it otherwise as a nightstand and range gun. However, when I made a serious effort to switch to it a while back as I liked the size of the pistol and was considering making it my primary carry, I started shooting it more. I started to experience this issue, and did so at least 3 or 4 times. After this, and some other research that made me decide to stick with my M&P9's for carry, I sold off the M&P45.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Has it been determined that the problem stems from follower issues? I found a website that linked these feed problems to the mag springs and that had supposedly been resolved. Different springs are color-coded differently and apparently springs with black paint on them do not suffer magazine problems like other color coded springs have.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danasaki View Post
    Has it been determined that the problem stems from follower issues? I found a website that linked these feed problems to the mag springs and that had supposedly been resolved. Different springs are color-coded differently and apparently springs with black paint on them do not suffer magazine problems like other color coded springs have.
    I have never read or heard of the magazine issue was related to the follower other then in this thread. Everything I have read leads to bad magazine springs. In my experience I called smith and they sent new updated spring and it has fixed my problem in all my 10 round mags and 8 round mags. So in my experience it was magazine springs. This is a sample size of 1. So it might not related to someone else. This is why I mention the Wolff springs earlier in this thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWindage View Post
    I have never read or heard of the magazine issue was related to the follower other then in this thread. Everything I have read leads to bad magazine springs. In my experience I called smith and they sent new updated spring and it has fixed my problem in all my 10 round mags and 8 round mags. So in my experience it was magazine springs. This is a sample size of 1. So it might not related to someone else. This is why I mention the Wolff springs earlier in this thread.
    what kind of issues do bad magazine springs create in the M and P? I've got the full size 45, and it seems that I'm having an abnormal number of failure to feeds. Purchased weapon last year. All different types of ammo. Smith magazines, 10 and 14 round mags. Sometimes I can smack the slide and it will go into battery, and sometimes I have to rack the slide. Just wondering if this might be related. I have a Glock 22 gen 4 and Glock 41 which fire 100% all the time. I really wanted to like the Smith and have carried their revolvers and pistols for over 35 years. I have lost confidence in it. I just started carrying the Glocks this year. I have no specific advice for the OP other than my experience with these .45-s.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    This is good info. I think I'll call the factory and see what they have to say.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234