Thread: AR10/.308 AR Build knowledge thread.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

AR10/.308 AR Build knowledge thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sucker76 View Post
    Mine are:
    Front: 0.276"D 1.715"L
    Rear: 0.277"D 1.161"L

The front pin is longer than standard because the Aero casting is thicker in the front.

I also had to get a longer mag button. The one included in Aero's LPK wasn't long enough. The button was recessed below the lower before it dropped the mag. I didn't like that and got a Guntech extended mag release from eBay.
    You about had me scratching my head and ready to shoot my calipers. The I noted the inches. Lol

Thanks for the heads up I. The extended mag catch. Armslite makes one but it's expensive and hard to find.
    I opted to use Forward Controls EME-C mag button. For $8 bucks you can't go wrong.
    But I like the idea of using a more correct mag catch. I don't know why Aero puts he AR-15 mil spec mag catch in the 308 LPK.
    That's another reason I didn't bother buying it.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 09-02-17 at 14:40.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams