Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: AR10/.308 AR Build knowledge thread.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln7 View Post
    Very nice!

Is your Brakeout MD timed correctly? It looks off to me in that pic.
    Thanks Lincoln. I had a real blast shooting this thing yesterday. But to your question, I thought and think the same thing, but alas the Brakeout 2.0 doesn't require timing. It has 3 ports where it's possible to split the two at 10-11 and 1-2 o'clock, but me and that Brake went round and round trying to accomplish that. Finally I just let the $##*@! thing win and left it be. Shooting in daytime obviously, I couldn't tell much. I'll get it out and night fire it some time soon and if it's flashing too much in the glass, I'll get my AAC shims out and wrassle with it some more.

Also this thing will be getting an AAC 762-SDN-6 suppressor when it gets out of jail...

From AAC's website:
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score

AR10/.308 AR Build knowledge thread.

Moved to correct thread.
    Last edited by Ooops; 04-19-17 at 20:49.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Thanks Lincoln. I had a real blast shooting this thing yesterday. But to your question, I thought and think the same thing, but alas the Brakeout 2.0 doesn't require timing. It has 3 ports where it's possible to split the two at 10-11 and 1-2 o'clock, but me and that Brake went round and round trying to accomplish that.
    Well that's cool! Just think of all the "time" I could have saved getting my suppressor mounts straight!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Feedback Score
    Looks like a lot of effort went into all the info in this thread. Just want to say "thanks" and ask a question that either I missed or didn't find the info to.
    Does anyone know if an AP M5 upper and AP bcg will work with a BCMGunfighter .308 charging handle? Or I guess, the other way round is the correct to ask the question...
    BCM charging handle works with an AP upper and AP bcg?
    Last edited by No.6; 08-15-17 at 06:36.

NRA Life Member
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I use a BCM GF charging handle in my Aero upper with Aero BCG. No issues. Not an A5 but it is an Aero upper.

I hope this helps.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by No.6 View Post
    Does anyone know if an AP M5 upper and AP bcg will work with a BCMGunfighter .308 charging handle? Or I guess, the other way round is the correct to ask the question...
    i'm afraid you'll have to read through "the other" currently-32-page post "Aero Precision .308 M5 Everything". i recollect the BCM 308 CH being specifically mentioned, and i think there was an early design that i think didn't fit, and i'm not sure what the story was on the current design. i know i bought an early BCM version at a clearance basement price, covered in a lot of dust, no original packaging, thinking i discovered a good deal, and it didn't fit. oh well, no returns on that one, obviously the price was too good to be true. it'll fit in the upper fine, but you won't be able to close it on the lower.

the CH fitment issue is interference with the lower receiver. no problem with the BCG.

for my M5 i use the Badger Ordnance ambi CH, and they required some slight mods on the underside to clearance the top of the receiver-extension (buffer tube) mounting boss of the lower receiver, which is rather "robustly" sized (not a bad thing at all). it'd be the same simple mods for my "early" BCM CH, but i didn't think it was worth the trouble since it's not ambi, and the Badger Ordnance is ambi.
    Last edited by rpoL98; 08-15-17 at 20:01.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by No.6 View Post
    Looks like a lot of effort went into all the info in this thread. Just want to say "thanks" and ask a question that either I missed or didn't find the info to.
    Hey 6

There should not be an issue with the carrier, if there is an issue it will be weigh the upper. Aero's M5 upper is the DPMS "High" profile. I'm a frequent shopper at Primary Arms and read a couple of reviews that stated the user had to do some filing albeit minimal to get the Mod 4 CH to work properly. If you note the product page BCM's website says it should fit the M5.
    I don't like filing or 'dremeling' if I don't have to. Do you have some flexibility on the CH you want to use? I ask because I've found two really good CH's that work well.
    1. AXTS 7.62 Raptor - nice but expensive
    2. MechDefense 308TacOps. A good buy if you use can use their military/LEO discounted price. If you go to Mech Defenses website they have some links to reviews. One is by Rifles Only and the other is Gun Guys Review He reviewer was an ex-infantry and gave up his Badger for the TacOps. I've used them in my 5.56 builds and also on my DMR. They are as good if not better than any CH I've used including BCM, Raptor, & Mega Arms

If you aren't locked down it's worth a look and I know for a fact they both work.

I had a post with all the links in it for you, but my browser crashed and so I had to redo it.

Link to the CH
    https://mechdefense.com/products/ar1...sniper-for-308

Link to a review
    http://gunguysreviews.com/tacops-charging-handles/

Good luck in any route you choose.

Robert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Thanks gentlemen. I had contacted BCM and to their credit the answer was "not sure".
    I know what works on 5.56 doesn't mean it'll work on 7.62, hence the question to the collective knowledge base we have here.
    Not set on any particular CH, just been happy with the BCM on my AR's. I will definitely take a look at the ones mentioned.

NRA Life Member
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    One more question:
    Does anyone have experience with the Radian Raptor SD? Or is it just more AR snake-oil?

NRA Life Member
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Can someone measure the diameter of the pivot and takedown pins on their Aero M5? I ordered some KAC pins and I'm not sure if they're going to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast