Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: new Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Brigadier Tactical

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrslug View Post
    GJM -- appreciate the info all along. It's been nice to have something of an inside line. Great looking pistol. Curious to hear from those in the know (or those who want to speculate) why the choice of Brigadier slide over a Vertec slide. I am not a Beretta guru by any means, but thought the conventional wisdom had settled on the Vertec slide as optimal in 9mm.
    I'll second both. Thanks GJM!
    Curious about the Vertec slide versus the Brigadier slide too.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've no clue. I wonder if following the lineage of 92G-SD was felt to be important, if anything, for the commercial success reasons.
    Practically, I personally can't appreciate the difference in cycling between my Elite and Vertec. I am sure someone better than me can though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I want one of these like fat kids want candy! I think I can sell a kidney! What a sexy gun!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Its a cool pistol, i just dont really understand where these fit in the grand scheme of CCW pistols, competition pistols and collecting. I kind of see these being attractive to collectors but some of you guys are pretty hard core in your desire to carry heavy, thick, full sized guns.

I really wish they would just dovetail the damned M9A1's front sight....
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrslug View Post
    GJM -- appreciate the info all along. It's been nice to have something of an inside line. Great looking pistol. Curious to hear from those in the know (or those who want to speculate) why the choice of Brigadier slide over a Vertec slide. I am not a Beretta guru by any means, but thought the conventional wisdom had settled on the Vertec slide as optimal in 9mm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    I'll second both. Thanks GJM!
    Curious about the Vertec slide versus the Brigadier slide too.
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I've no clue. I wonder if following the lineage of 92G-SD was felt to be important, if anything, for the commercial success reasons.
    Practically, I personally can't appreciate the difference in cycling between my Elite and Vertec. I am sure someone better than me can though.
    Here is the back story. I have followed Bill Wilson's project since spring and it is great to finally see it go from concept to reality. Bill was adamant to not publicly announce it, until pistols were in stock and ready to ship. A refreshing change from the "announce it this year, ship it the following year" that we sometimes see in this industry.

With permission, I was putting out clues, but then Beretta USA started getting bombarded with calls, and I got word to stop. I was blown away how quickly folks here made a composite of the photos and made very informed speculation as to what was coming. At one point, the cat got out of the bag as to Wilson Combat's involvement and the mods helped reel that back in. Thanks to them for that. I was cleared by Bill to announce here at 6pm central, a week ago, and have been biting my tongue the last few days -- especially as November came. I was actually out mule deer hunting today, came in a few minutes early to get this out, and my broadband card crashed delaying my post 20 minutes or so.

For years, the 92G-SD has been considered the holy grail of Beretta 92 pistols, and for that reason I believe Bill picked this variant for his initial collaboration with Beretta USA. I am very optimistic that if this goes well for Wilson Combat and Beretta USA, many more good things will come in the future for 92 lovers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I was blown away how quickly folks here made a composite of the photos and made very informed speculation as to what was coming.
    "I have your number. Consider yourself warned."

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Thank you, sir! Regardless of whether some people will buy this one I for one am thrilled to see something new out of Beretta. Looks there's more to come and having a high-end custom shop like WC to turn to for Beretta pistols is awesome. I believe that this will sell more Beretta pistols even if it's not this particular gun.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Any plans for a non railed version?
    Last edited by Omega Man; 11-03-14 at 23:07.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Thank you, sir! Regardless of whether some people will buy this one I for one am thrilled to see something new out of Beretta. Looks there's more to come and having a high-end custom shop like WC to turn to for Beretta pistols is awesome. I believe that this will sell more Beretta pistols even if it's not this particular gun.
    Here's my take on this: if this run is a bust for WC, we'll return to a previously announced boredom of various A1s.

Feedback Score
    Wow I'm so glad I didn't impulse buy anything recently...

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast