Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 41P final ruling delayed

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That's great news. I heard this rumor last week from a dealer but wasn't sure if it was true.

I would love to get 1 more can pending to round out my collection before 41P goes into effect.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Awesome, now I dont have to spend my kids xmas money on a suppressor! lol

Feedback Score
    It's does give us a few more months for dealers and manufacturers to offer some "fire sale" prices and/or rebates.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    That is really good to hear, as I'd really like to purchase the Galil ACE in an SBR version - you'd think they would want their revenue & all...

If 41p does eventually pass, does that mean that we would then have to transfer everything in the trust over to private ownership? How would that affect firearms that have already been engraved with the trust name, etc?

(P.S. - If there is a better place to ask this, please direct me & I can edit the last part to ask there instead.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious_ar15 View Post
    If 41p does eventually pass, does that mean that we would then have to transfer everything in the trust over to private ownership? How would that affect firearms that have already been engraved with the trust name, etc?
    No. All it's basically doing is adding the prints/photos/CLEO requirements to responsible parties of the entity, just like individuals have now.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by heartbreakridge01 View Post
    Awesome, now I dont have to spend my kids xmas money on a suppressor! lol
    wait, there is a better gift then a suppressor?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba04 View Post
    wait, there is a better gift then a suppressor?
    No doubt! A guy on Snipershide had Thunderbeast engrave his 2 sons names into 30BA cans for presents.

I'm adding a Saker 762 to the stable for my 15 month old son..... at least that's what I'm telling the wife.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Worst case scenario, now that Scott has won and we have quasi repub super majorities in both state house and state senate, we get "shall certify"... I wouldn't lose any sleep or go into debt over it.
    Write your representative. I know my local State Senator well and he is probably more in favor of NFA stuff than everyone on this forum combined.

I don't expect them to do anything unless (until) 41p is implemented however. Politicians don't normally vote for things pre-emptively.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 11-07-14 at 07:12.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Worst case scenario, now that Scott has won and we have quasi repub super majorities in both state house and state senate, we get "shall certify"... I wouldn't lose any sleep or go into debt over it.
    I won't be going into debt for anything. That's why I'm glad to see the delay; it means I can buy in a few months instead of charging now. I'm also hopeful we'll see a "shall sign" law in Florida with the current state .gov when 41P does go into effect.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    No. All it's basically doing is adding the prints/photos/CLEO requirements to responsible parties of the entity, just like individuals have now.
    But it wont be retro active right?? I am looking at getting a trust and my first stamp soon. ( or at least applying for it soon)
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast