Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Purchasing my first suppressor tomorrow

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    I have a SOCOM762-RC, and will have a SOCOM556-RC in a couple months (still pending). I love Surefire products, and the SOCOM762-RC is amazing on my MWS with 308, but sucks on my 9" 300blk SBR (it's pressure curve wasn't designed for that).

I also have a Saker 762 on form 3 transfer. It offers something in it's versatility that no other cans out there offer (direct thread vs. qd, and a 5.56 end cap). It's also close to an inch shorter then the SOCOM762-RC, and will sound better with 300 blackout (decibels being more important to me when shooting that particular rifle with subs).

Once the rest of my cans are approved I hope to do a mini comparison between the SOCOM556-RC, SOCOM762-RC, TBAC CB9, and Saker 762 (direct thread, qd mount, and 5.56 endcap) to compare them on different platforms.
    The 5.56 end cap on the 7.62 is slick and showing better numbers than the 5.56 saker. Look forward to the comparison. How do you like the Thunder Beast?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    The 5.56 end cap on the 7.62 is slick and showing better numbers than the 5.56 saker. Look forward to the comparison. How do you like the Thunder Beast?
    Sadly the TBAC is still in ATF jail as well (probably another 3 months).
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post

Snip*

Once the rest of my cans are approved I hope to do a mini comparison between the SOCOM556-RC, SOCOM762-RC, TBAC CB9, and Saker 762 (direct thread, qd mount, and 5.56 endcap) to compare them on different platforms.
    Looking forward to your comparison.

Well, today is the big day!!!!

Heading down this afternoon after work to purchase my Socom and get the paperwork for my CLEO to sign. Long wait and good times ahead!

Tapatalk'd

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Should not be that long. My last one was 140 days and I have buddy that just got a can back in 127 days. If you dont already know about it I would recomend http://www.nfatracker.com/ its a croudsorce to get data on current wait times.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That's a great site. Thank you for posting.

Tapatalk'd

Feedback Score

Purchasing my first suppressor tomorrow

Congrats on your purchase of your first suppressor.
    My first suppressor was also a Surefire SOCOM556–RC.
    But I don't know if you have been warned of how easily you could become addicted to buying all these NFA toys.

Sent from my iPhone 4s and posted via Tapatalk.
    RANGE TIME on Facebook
    RANGE TIME on Instagram
    RANGE TIME on Twitter
    NRA Life Member/RSO

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Purchasing my first suppressor tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by ex95B10 View Post
    Congrats on your purchase of your first suppressor.
    My first suppressor was also a Surefire SOCOM556–RC.
    But I don't know if you have been warned of how easily you could become addicted to buying all these NFA toys.

Sent from my iPhone 4s and posted via Tapatalk.
    Haha yes sir I have had my fair share of warnings.

Just got home from the dealer. Their class 3 chick that handles all this stuff said she just got some stamps in today that had been submitted in June. That was good news.

I'm going to call my sheriff tomorrow to schedule the signing and get my fingerprint cards. Very stoked to get this going as I've been wanting a suppressor for my ARs for years.

Tapatalk'd
    Last edited by MikeDawg46L; 11-07-14 at 07:48.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    After 2 voicemails left (one with a secretary of the sheriff and 2nd with the sheriff himself) I finally got a call back this morning, from the sheriff himself. I was very shocked that it wasn't a secretary, and even more shocked that he told me to come on in today if I could.

He asked if I had my CCW to which I replied that I did. He said that was good and would keep him from having to run any additional checks. I had assumed they would leave that up to the ATF but I can see him wanting to CYA himself in the event he signed for some nutjob to get a NFA item and it went south.

I wasn't able to go today but did get scheduled to meet with him tomorrow afternoon since I'll be at the court in the evening anyway for a public land hearing (long story on that, but short of it is that a dude bought some land at the end of my dead end road and plans to build a community center and rodeo compound for some traveling rodeo tour...not gonna happen).

Also, I'm proud to say that I got the spousal unit through her CCW last weekend and she'll be filing at the sheriff's office tomorrow for her license/permit as well.

It's been a good start to the week guys!!!

Tapatalk'd

Feedback Score
    Oh man... I too just took the plunge on my first NFA item. Surefire FA556-212 can. One rifle already setup for it (14.5" ELW middie) and then going for an 11.5" SBR. Got the trust all worked out, now to sit and wait for the dealer to dealer swap, then driving in to take a look at it.
    Last edited by skijunkie55; 11-18-14 at 15:05.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Congrats on that Ski.

I actually got a call from the secretary of the sheriff this morning that he's having to reschedule my appt with him due to a shooting investigation. I'm patiently waiting for my new appt.

Grrrrr as they say...

Tapatalk'd

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast