Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 22 Revolver for self defense--ammo selection

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    Get on all of the e-mail notifications that you can for it - I managed to pick up one more case a few months ago for $60 or so (limit one, bastards). They sold out in about 3 hours though. The Armory used to always have it stock for cheap, along with all of the other Aguila loadings. But now they're out of stock and it looks like when they do have it in stock, it's $90 a case!!! I hope they don't stop making it. It really is a unique, misunderstood round, and I can only imagine what it must sound like out of a suppressed gun. I must hoard all that I can find!
    Thanks for the tip, Shao.
    Yeah, I only shoot it suppressed out of my Ray Brandes Bully Barrel. It's the quietest of any round I've ever fired. I'm gonna cry they stop making it.

Feedback Score
    Cci stinger,ruger mk2

Feedback Score
    I once worked with a deputy sheriff who said the most memorable autopsy he saw was a .22 Stinger to the heart. Kind of hard to displace shot placement and Stingers after that.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I am basically rotating my .38 and .22 j frame right now. The .22 is soooo light.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I just sold my last .38. FULL (mentally challenged) now. .22 only!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    What's your reasoning there? Just the one you were carrying anyway?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    1. Super lightweight and concealable.
    2. Extremely safe
    3. 8 shots of .22.
    4. .22 has been shown to be fairly effective in self-defense situations. Obviously, .45 ACP would be preferable. But .22 is responsible for more deaths than any other round (and maybe more lethal in a single shot situation). But then again, take a look at this...http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/handgun-stopping-power
    5. .22 is still relatively cheap. I can pick up 50 rounds of .22 for 3.99-5 and less if I can find it in bulk. That is considerably less than 18-24 for .38.
    6. .22 is very easy to shoot well. I can Shoot 8 rounds of .22 in the CNS of a larget much faster than I can shoot 5 rounds of .38. And transitions are super fast.

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Hey Greg,

You really have turned into a minimalist! Sorry if I missed it but what model .22 do you have? Do you have any preference on ammo or is it whatever you can get?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Funny, I had a thread about 22 for defense and it turned in to "get a Malinois" or "use a taser" and similar silliness. Asked the mods to close thread.

Greg, sounds like you are using a S&W. Does it have the lock or no?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I am running a 43C. I have had it a few years. I run it with laser grips and Mini Mags. I wish I could find some of the "Velocitor" ammo or some Gold Dots.

http://thinkinggunfighter.blogspot.c...-findings.html

Christopher Columbus

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast