Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg 930 autoloader

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Judging by reviews and other feedback a 930 would be the last gun a would consider for self defense and the first I would pick for malfunction drills.
    3 responses from people who actually own 1 disagree with your assessment. I wouldn't choose any SG as a 1st (or 2nd choice) for home defense

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There is a Mossberg Owners board with a lot of good information, you might want to look that up.
    I was looking at a 930 a month or so ago and after reading up a bit I'm a bit sorry I let someone talk me out of it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Apparently they've got most of their bugs worked out on the newer models. From what I've read, they were hit with "the perfect storm". http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum/...e-930-spx.291/

Feedback Score
    my 930 is a Blawkwater model..now SPX, i installed a standard stock over the pistol grip, replaced the front sight with a Hi Viz fiber optic and had it threaded for tubes by AimPro Tactical, for 3Gun. This shotgun has fedand fire whatever shells I have from bulk pack Winchester to premiu trap, slugs, 00 buck. In the three years i have had it, the shotgun has NEVER been cleaned and it has 1000+ shells through it. Like the 500 series its a tank and runs.

Too many folks get fanboy fascination with Bennelli, Browning, etc. and relegate Mossberg to the cheap class. 500/590s will run forever just like an 870. The 930 is tough to beat for the price. Funny people said Stoeger 300s were crap until a few 3Gun Nation notables started running them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like Mossberg pumps but have experienced quality control issues with them also. Fortunately, the fix was easy and free. The 930 has had a spotty performance record, although your specific shotgun is an exception. Aim Pro specializes in Mossberg smithing, and I wonder if they enhanced yours. Frequently, professional shooters use donated freebies from makers and importers, and these guns are likely not off the rack weapons like a consumer would purchase.

You said that you have not cleaned your shotgun. Have you lubed it? When you do clean it, provide us with before pictures taken after disassembly and also point out any undue wear and tear.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the 930 SPX pistol grip version with LPA sights and fiber optic front sight. It's been perfectly fine since day one. The Mossberg 930s had issues early on, with three revisions to the barrel. Early ones had sights that were too low and made them shoot high. Later versions have thicker barrel and taller front sight. Other issue was the gas spring by the piston, which was also revised. Some of those springs were too stiffen and the corner edge scraped the mag tube and gouge it. Mine has the gouge, but has since been smoothed and cleaned up. The gas rings are standard on the normal 930 models, where the Miculek version has chrome rings and tube and believe. Trigger is also redone on the Miculek model also. I would have to say that almost any new production 930 should have all the issues worked out by now, but so haven't checked over on the Mossberg forums in a while now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I bought 930 tactical locally used. So far its been about 98% reliable. I've had one malfunction due to a deformed rim on a shell. The other was due to the lifter (I need to see whats up with that) not properly loading another round. I think there will be lots of possibilities to come for this shotgun in the future. The price alone will sell it to consumers.

Feedback Score
    Quick question... If given a choice to only have an M2, M4 or 930 for home defense which would you choose??
    I'd choose 3 930SPXs. Because assinine question, given prior comments.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I agree that a $300 pump gun would be a better option for HD than any auto. I guess you have to put a value on your well being.. If you invest $600 in a 930 for HD you are buying cheap insurance that may not pay off when you need it to.
    Strongly disagree. Mine and many, many other 930s run and run and run. As has been pointed out, they are not for the lazy owner.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Right here is all that's needed to really improve a 930 or 935.

http://www.or3gun.com/index.htm

These guns are built to a low price point and with a few upgrades they are in a different league.

I bought my 935 Pro Water Fowl last year and it ran fine but dirt and moisture under the spacer tube was the weak link. After I got the OR3GUN Marine Spacer Tube, OR3GUN Competition Forearm Retainer, and OR3GUN Enhanced Competition Follower my shot gun has not been cleaned yet (1000 shells) and still runs strong.

My 935 would not eat weak 2 3/4'' target shells until I added the above parts as well. But I knew that it wouldn't going into the purchase, but it's great that it will now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast