Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mossberg 930 autoloader

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The rule of thumb is any shell that's 1200FPS or faster should work well.

The 935 is much more likely to have feeding problems with light loads over a 930.

Feedback Score
    I'm starting to look at these again. I've got 3 500s and would like to consider a semi-auto.
    Plus the price on the tactical model (includes the Choate +2, front bead sight) has come down to the $465 range from a few vendors.
    May pick one up and put a Mesa Tactical pistol grip stock with limbsaver on it ($150).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Will the pistol grip stock's interfering with easy access to the tang mounted safety be ok with you? Some say that it puts the shooter at disadvantage.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by williejc View Post
    Will the pistol grip stock's interfering with easy access to the tang mounted safety be ok with you? Some say that it puts the shooter at disadvantage.
    I don't know. I've never tried a pistol grip on a shotgun. I understand that some have expressed that concern. Truthfully, I don't think it would be a problem because if I'm "go" mode, the safety would be off; without too much off/on to worry about. I'm just thinking out loud; no experience with a PG shotgun.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalSledgehammer View Post
    Apparently they've got most of their bugs worked out on the newer models. From what I've read, they were hit with "the perfect storm". http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum/...e-930-spx.291/
    Here's my original and updated (as of a few years ago) review on the 930 SPX:
    http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...5138#post25138
    Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I keep coming back to these posts on the 930 because I can't get to stopping mine from spitting out shells when I load it and fire. I've done all of the "polishing" fixes people talk about and even sent it back to Mossberg who I think just took it apart fired it and sent it back...

I like it but honestly would just save for a Benelli if I could do it all over again. I'm going to try some of the things posted here, but have already done all of the or3gun parts upgrades.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234