Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 4-16 to much for a Recce/SPR

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Look no further than the Mark 6 3-18 FFP. If SFP is desired/preferred, the NF 2.5-10 works well. Those two get my vote.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Another one to look for in the 10x is the US optics 1.8-10. FFP, lots of reticle choices and the EREK elevation knob is awesome. Eye box it better than the NF too but it is heavier.

Feedback Score
    The 2.5-10x pst looks like the best bang-for-buck mid-long range scope out there. I almost got one, but decided on a 1-4 to use for hd+rec shooting at some distance.
    My limited experience with scopes so far is that new-comers seem to over-magnify stuff. I think you'll find 4-16 to be a bit much for action shooting or moving targets. If its prone with stationary targets, 4-16 would be fine, IMO.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I should point out that Im not a novice distant shooter. Im not great at it but Ive been doing it causally for many years and professionally for a couple years a while back.

My original plan is to get a PST 2.5-10x34 FFP MRAD for my soon to be here BCM SS410 RECCE. However I came across a few good deals on the PST 4-16 FFP MRAD. I also have a possible deal going on a Bushnell Elite Tactical 3-12x44 FFP MRAD that I might be getting depending on how my Rem 700 sells.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I suspect you'll be able to find a home for that 4-16x on something longer if you decide it's a bit much on most anything 5.56; but the 2.5-10x32 is still the one I'd run on a Recce if you care about the 400m+ side of the equation most.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I chose the Vortex 2.5-10x44 at first. Then I switched to the 2.5-10x32 FFP. I had read nothing but good reviews on it, and talked to a few who had it. I bought it and am super happy with it. The biggest difference is the clarity with the adj parallax. The FFP wasn't the deal sealer for me, as much as the parallax. I have looked through both scopes side by side same day, and the 32 FFP was significantly clearer and brighter. No comparison.

Feedback Score
    I'm running the Vortex 4-16 FFP PST on my Recce and I think it's perfect. I wanted a nice scope that I can take off at anytime and put it on another rifle and not be "wanting". I love my scope. I would rather have the power and then decide if I need it or not rather than not having it and wanting it. I as able to justify this because most ACOGs are 4x power and non adjustable. I have zero regrets.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just sent out payment for a 2.5-10x32 FFP MRAD yesterday. Its going in an ADM mount. Cant wait to get this thing out to the desert.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Just sent out payment for a 2.5-10x32 FFP MRAD yesterday. Its going in an ADM mount. Cant wait to get this thing out to the desert.
    I was definitely impressed when I got mine last week. For the price of these, it appears to be a very high quality optic. Way beyond the price point.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Good choice, you won't be disappointed. It will do its part if you'll do yours. For the money, its hard to beat. Then theres the top notch warranty as an added bonus. I am going to shoot mine tomorrow at 400-600 and possibly beyond.
    Certified AR Armorer among many other things.
    Semper Paratus Arms - 2014

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast