Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LANTAC Enhanced-BCG

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yeah. I'm a hard sell on the cam pin track changes. Stoner's not around to give these shennanigans the nod.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yeah. I'm a hard sell on the cam pin track changes. Stoner's not around to give these shennanigans the nod.
    Exactly. Changing the track in the bolt is different. But changing how the pin interacts with the notch in the upper could allow substantial rearward force to be applied to the bolt prior being fully unlocked and vice versa on the return to battery stroke.

NO THANK YOU.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Ah... I see what you're saying.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Ah... I see what you're saying.
    I'm sure somebody could f@ck stuff up by messing with the cam pin track in the carrier, but as long the cam pin and upper are in spec, it will still lock and unlock at the proper time (within reasonable limits, of course).

Changing the dimensions of the cam pin has sheared-bolt-lug written all over it to me.

I think V7 did a much better job by just rounding the corners but keeping the original dimensional radius. I've got one of their pins on the way.
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 11-06-14 at 11:50.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I would never buy an NiB BCG. There are other options which are much better. They are talking a large risk in this market.
    Due to issues with NiB flaking off? I must say I was very underwhelmed by NiB based on my experience with it flaking off my SR15 hammer after around ten times dry firing it. What options other than phosphate do you prefer?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Due to issues with NiB flaking off? I must say I was very underwhelmed by NiB based on my experience with it flaking off my SR15 hammer after around ten times dry firing it. What options other than phosphate do you prefer?
    Melonite on the carrier, IMHO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Melonite on the carrier, IMHO.
    Melonite does have its place in the industry, but I have a strong preference to proper hard chrome for this application.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    Melonite does have its place in the industry, but I have a strong preference to proper hard chrome for this application.
    I agree that, when properly applied, that is an excellent option.

Feedback Score
    I'm having a hard time trying to see the fix on what issue they're having to make this new cam pin and receiver for? The notch that gets worn into the cam pin track path is self limiting in DI systems. There is no torsional stress at the bolt until the carrier travels enough to cam it over, that is a fixed distance determined by the carrier's own pathway. The notch happens toward the end of unlocking sequence, by letting the cam pin wear it's own path reduces excess backlash in the system. Why would excessive backlash be good? Sure, a radius on the corner of the cam pin would limit the notch, but that reduces surface area for the rest of the travel on the flat surfaces.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Other issues which I have mentioned before (potential hydrogen embrittlement, carbon build up in the microscopic pores, etc..) We have been using NP3 with no side effects and currently we are looking at some cool stuff being used in the oil and gas industry.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast