Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LANTAC Enhanced-BCG

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    I'm having a hard time trying to see the fix on what issue they're having to make this new cam pin and receiver for? The notch that gets worn into the cam pin track path is self limiting in DI systems. There is no torsional stress at the bolt until the carrier travels enough to cam it over, that is a fixed distance determined by the carrier's own pathway. The notch happens toward the end of unlocking sequence, by letting the cam pin wear it's own path reduces excess backlash in the system. Why would excessive backlash be good? Sure, a radius on the corner of the cam pin would limit the notch, but that reduces surface area for the rest of the travel on the flat surfaces.
    so do you think the v7 cam pin and LMT enhanced carrier are solid improvements?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I agree that, when properly applied, that is an excellent option.
    There is much more than the application of hard chrome to a product than meets the eye, it's has to be designed in from the start and post processes have to be determined by the quality dept guidelines that meet satisfaction that insure a consistent in the range they are looking for.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yeah. I'm a hard sell on the cam pin track changes. Stoner's not around to give these shennanigans the nod.
    LMT did it on theirs.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by t15 View Post
    so do you think the v7 cam pin and LMT enhanced carrier are solid improvements?
    No on the cam pin. The LMT Enhanced carrier can work very well on options that are gassed less, only somewhat that are gassed more aggressively, but it's still a study in progress. I'm working on AAC carrier stuff now to see how they do.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    LMT did it on theirs.
    For a good reason, it just happens to help out in other combinations.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    No on the cam pin. The LMT Enhanced can work very well on options that are gassed less, only somewhat that are gassed more aggressively, but it's still a study in progress. I'm working on AAC carrier stuff now to see how they do.
    What's your opinion on the AAC carrier?
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That lantac bcg and the link to the upper receiver / cam pin page looked like some cutting edge tech to my eyes. We will see how it performs.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    What's your opinion on the AAC carrier?

It'a work in progress, dunno yet, I haven't had a sample size of 10 yet till now. I need to see how they do, may take some time, but it all depends on scheduling.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I picked up an AAC BCG because it seemed like a decent deal and it was the only NiB carrier I'd really like to try. I didn't even realize until today that it has an altered cam pin path. I stopped using the LMT e-carriers in my SBR's because they were beating the cam pins up (it was noticeably worse on the uppers with more gas feed and/or suppressed). Seems like the right people might be in this thread, so I ask...do you think the AAC carrier is a good or bad match for short barrels, especially suppressed? It looks like it actually might be starting to unlock the bolt slightly earlier, but at a slower rate.

[sorry for the slight derailment]

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I would think an adjustable gas block would solve the beat up can pin issue you mention.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast