Thread: Cannibalization of AR15s and a new direction...

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Cannibalization of AR15s and a new direction...

Editted
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 12-14-14 at 16:33.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Just to make sure I have it straight, you now have your mid-range base covered with the 14.5 and ACOG, but aren't sure what form the other project should take...

If you want to "diversify your portfolio", the 300 BLK sounds like the way to go, although you would have a homeless 5.56 suppressor, and I'm assuming you would want to run the 300 suppressed.

If you are going for pure cost effectiveness, I would just take the buying a complete KMR upper from BCM route that you mentioned.

what do you want to use this one for when it's complete?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    That's just it - I don't really have any idea what I want to use this for. That's why I'm so undecided. It's easy when you think about what you want the rifle for, you just build accordingly. I have a 762 suppressor and I'd like 300BLK, but then I've got nothing to use my 556 can with.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Have you thought about reselling the barrel and parts you were going to "throw away"?

There are probably people out there with spare upper receivers or other hardware that could build an AR pistol upper. I know you said it has a smaller port on in, but it might be advantageous for a suppressed pistol build.

How many rounds did you put through it?

Slap a Sig arm brace on it, and you can still take it across state lines.

Just thinking out loud.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Have you thought about reselling the barrel and parts you were going to "throw away"?

There are probably people out there with spare upper receivers or other hardware that could build an AR pistol upper. I know you said it has a smaller port on in, but it might be advantageous for a suppressed pistol build.

How many rounds did you put through it?

Slap a Sig arm brace on it, and you can still take it across state lines.

Just thinking out loud.
    I thought about selling it, but I'm not sure how much I could get for it if anyone wanted it at all.

It doesn't function without a suppressor (but considering it has enough power to eject the spent case, it might work with an LMT Enhanced carrier and weaker buffer) and it has a few thousand rounds through it. I guess I could throw it on the EE and see what happens
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 11-10-14 at 08:44.

Feedback Score
    Personally 300 BLK is way to go, you can get some $ out of the old stuff. Someone can figure it out with or without a can.Good luck

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For your Suppressed SBR, might want to consider an adjustable gas block such as the MicroMOA Govnah. It has a sliding plate that you drill out in multiple locations according to your barrel length and gas system so that it is optimized for both suppressed and unsuppressed usage. The cool thing is that you don't have to reach down the business end of the gun with a tiny Allen wrench in order to make GB adjustments when transitioning between suppressed/unsuppressed. The system is actuated from the side using the tip of a round of ammunition. You just press the sliding plate from left to right (or vice-versa) depending on what you are trying to accomplish.