Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best aftermarket trigger for 700 for field use

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Best aftermarket trigger for 700 for field use

Any ideas? I've had Timneys and never had any problems, but what's considered good these days?

I'm going to take this x-mark trigger and throw it in the trash. What a piece of shit!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have been very happy with Jewell triggers I have been using one in my hunting rifle for awhile now. Very crisp break easy to adjust and a wide adjustment range.
    There are those who still think they are holding the pass against a revolution that may be coming up the road. But they are gazing in the wrong direction. The revolution is behind them. It went by in the Night of Depression, singing songs to freedom.

Garet Garrett 1938

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    +1 on Timney. Lots of good feedback on rifle basix as well but I have not personally owned one. I prefer the WIDE seratted trigger face of the Timney.

Jewlles are very nice but if you shoot in dusty/muddy conditions you need to be dilligent about flushing it out with Ronsen light fluid (evaporates and leaves a lubricating residue). Never had one fail but I have had them get real gritty feeling. Also I find the trigger to be too skinny for my tastes.

Next step up would be CG jackson and Huber triggers if you like the feel of a quality 2 stage but they are expensive and neither have bolt stop provision so you must have an action with a side bolt release.
    Last edited by Anchor Zero Six; 11-30-11 at 11:04.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a timney in one of my rifles as well and for the money it is a hard trigger to beat, I do like the feel of the jewell a little better but that is a personal preference. Also I have delt with timneys C.S. and it is top notch great people to deal with.
    Last edited by nar472; 11-30-11 at 11:25.
    There are those who still think they are holding the pass against a revolution that may be coming up the road. But they are gazing in the wrong direction. The revolution is behind them. It went by in the Night of Depression, singing songs to freedom.

Garet Garrett 1938

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchor Zero Six View Post
    +1 on Timney. Lots of good feedback on rifle basix as well but I have not personally owned one. I prefer the WIDE seratted trigger face of the Timney.

Jewlles are very nice but if you shoot in dusty/muddy conditions you need to be dilligent about flushing it out with Ronsen light fluid (evaporates and leaves a lubricating residue). Never had one fail but I have had them get real gritty feeling. Also I find the trigger to be too skinny for my tastes.

Next step up would be CG jackson and Huber triggers if you like the feel of a quality 2 stage but they are expensive and neither have bolt stop provision so you must have an action with a side bolt release.
    That's what I heard from a couple of people.

Feedback Score
    Timney 510. Best there is for a field rifle.

On the bench, I yield to the jewel.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    My Timney 510 just arrived today from Midway. $15 off using the Black Friday discount code.

I'm itching to install it this weekend.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    My Timney 510 just arrived today from Midway. $15 off using the Black Friday discount code.

I'm itching to install it this weekend.
    Adjust your trigger pull before you put the gun back together.

It's much easier to guage it with the stock off, and believe it or not, it's also easier to adjust it with the stock off too!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    510 enroute! Thanks guys.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just put in my Timney 510 in my 700 and got it adjusted to 2.5 lbs, feels great. I probably will go shoot it tomorrow

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast