Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me reduce recoil on Colt 6933.

Feedback Score

Help me reduce recoil on Colt 6933.

I have been researching this for quite some time and read most of Grant's infamous SBR thread, but I am still having trouble trying to determine what (if anything) I need to do to remedy the issue I'm having with the felt recoil of my 6933. For a long time, I have ignored the recoil being under the impression that the additional recoil was something that I just had to live with operating a short barrel. I didn't really notice the recoil until our team was issued SBRs this year. We are running LWRC 10.5 adjustable piston guns with Surefire Mini and H2 buffer. Not sure about the buffer spring. I can easily step in to a room and make 4-5 good hits without having to fight muzzle rise. Same with VTAC drills, etc. During my last couple range trips with the 6933, I found myself firing it like I train with the LWRC. I had to really fight to drive the gun after each shot and even threw a round over the shoulder which is obviously not a good thing.

I haven't modified anything internally on the 6933, and it chews up anything that I feed it. It's very reliable, and I certainly don't want to sacrifice that.

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    A5 receiver extension, with spring and buffer to fit.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    As Jack (brother from a different mother) says A5 for sure! They also make different weight A5 buffers also that you can match to your loads to get it really nice. You didn't say what your duty round and or training round was but with that info I can make a more accurate match of which buffer would work best.

If you can stand it a BattleComp 2.0 or BCM Gunfighter comp would also help tame it quite a bit.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    The 6933 has a port size of around .081 as I recall. I can almost guarantee that it will function with the Vltor A5H4 buffer. My BCM 11.5" with a .076 port uses this with a variety of M193, M855 loads, to include 55gr. Steel TAP and PMC Bronze.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    A5 receiver extension, with spring and buffer to fit.
    This should work:
    https://dsgarms.com/vlv2-1165-c1
    https://dsgarms.com/vlv2-1070-a2

I believe the buffer pictured is the H3 or H4, but I could be wrong.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Robb Jensen View Post
    You didn't say what your duty round and or training round was but with that info I can make a more accurate match of which buffer would work best.

If you can stand it a BattleComp 2.0 or BCM Gunfighter comp would also help tame it quite a bit.
    For the 6933, I use XM193, M855, Q3131, and BH 62gr SP.
    For the LWRC, I use Winchester Ranger 64gr, 55gr training ammo, and frangible. Manufacture of the training rounds varies.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That piece of shit LWRCi probably has a gas leak somewhere and is barely functioning. I can tweak my adjustable gas block gun to run just like you describe, but I don't trust it for real world stuff. That LWRCi turd WILL fail at some point... and probably at the worst possible moment.

I completely agree with the A5 system with H4 buffer suggestion.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Why the different port sizes on different BCM barrels of the same length? I try to keep notes and had saved

'The BFH 11.5 has a Gas Port size of .073. The 11.5" 410 Stainless Barrel is .076'

And the vltor 11.5 upper looks very nice, but they use an a5h2 iirc, I believe I have a grasp of the system port size, buffer weight, etc (reminds me a little of the air flow of an engine, carb and intake to exhaust), but don't get the port size, weight, etc.

Not sure the port size of the noveske 11.5 used in the vltor upper, I have the BCM bfh 11.5, but their use of the a5h2 makes me question how my a5h3 will compare (part time suppressed with 556 saker)

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    The 6933 has a port size of around .081 as I recall. I can almost guarantee that it will function with the Vltor A5H4 buffer. My BCM 11.5" with a .076 port uses this with a variety of M193, M855 loads, to include 55gr. Steel TAP and PMC Bronze.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That piece of shit LWRCi probably has a gas leak somewhere and is barely functioning. I can tweak my adjustable gas block gun to run just like you describe, but I don't trust it for real world stuff. That LWRCi turd WILL fail at some point... and probably at the worst possible moment.

I completely agree with the A5 system with H4 buffer suggestion.
    Which adjustable gas block are you using?
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Can't disagree with you. Our TLs T&Eed several guns, and it came down to Wilson Combat and LWRC. The majority of the team favored the Wilson, but brass opted for the LWRC. We had gas issues with them immediately, and it turned in to a big fiasco. That said, I've put about 1000k through it after everything got re-worked and sorted out and haven't had any issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast