Thread: 9mm AR mag block question

Feedback Score

9mm AR mag block question

Decided to SBR a spare lower and build a Colt SMG retro gun. So far all I have is a lower (not a 9mm lower). My question is how hard is it to install a colt roll pin 9mm mag block in a lower? I have two well know rifle builders in my area with CNC machines so I would think it would not be a problem. Is it even worth doing or are there drop in mag blocks that function the same and are just as reliable?

I have been looking at buying a Colt SMG kit but they seem to be rare these days. Any other options that would still give me a retro (A1) look. I thought about buying one of the new 6451s and finding a A1 upper and having the barrel shortened. Kind of a pricey option but I could at least have the barrel threaded to a more suppressor friendly thread. Since I already have the lower pending, might be a waste to strip the Colt 9mm lower.
    "A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle."
    --George William Curtis

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    What route did you go? I have a 9mm Colt upper in my parts collection. I bought it to build a .22 upper. I ended up buiding a few M4 .22 uppers instead.

I am looking at a RRA 10.5" bbl I found them here for $205. http://stores.9mmar.com/rra-9mm-10-5...rrel-assembly/

With the http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...-prod1548.aspx

I really want one of the Angst Arms UPD-9 SBR's. http://angstadtarms.com/udp-9/ The fact that it takes Glock magazines is the main selling point for me. I think this is the better choice. Mags are readily available and high quality. I don't see Glock mags going away anytime soon.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 08-09-15 at 21:31.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Has anyone seen any reviews of the Angstad Arms lower receivers or complete weapons?
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    I've had a LOT of success with the magwell adapter sold by PSA with uppers I'm building....most of the feed problems people report are not really lower/adapter related.....problem is usually the way the barrel is made......I had a personal 9mm that someone just traded me out of that ran perfect...so perfect they had to have it.......... it was built with a Promag adapter and was running Promag all polymer mags...LOL....on one of
    my barrels....they have 1500 rounds through it without a malfunction.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Mad Machinist...

Could you elaborate on the barrel issues you mention above?
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.