Thread: SIRT with RMR

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

SIRT with RMR

I just put this together. I bought a SIRT pistol to do some training with at home, however I couldn't get any good RDS practice out of it. Presentations, transitions, etc.

An hour or so on the mill and it seems to work great. Probably won't hold zero enough for FoF evolutions, but for indoor practice its going to work great.

I sank the RMR in .050" from the top of the slide, and then used a Steel bar below the plastic to screw the RMR into. The steel bar is epoxied in place. Seems to work fine for now.

I bought a set of the Laserlyte ReactionTyme Targets, and they work well for what they are.

I zeroed at 20ish Yards so I can work on offsets. It also works great for 1 handed training as well as non-standard positional shooting around my tactical couch.

I do wish they had a reaction time function that would display your draw times.

Ideally you could have a set of 5 that were linked to a smart phone and you could record dry fire drills. Maybe ill break out Arduino and make it work.

Just thought I would share.

Thanks
    Last edited by goteron; 11-10-14 at 20:14.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My sirt if getting some frame work done. Wish I had a rmr for my g17, yet along a spare to put on my sirt.
    Badass man.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Very cool! I have a red/green SIRT, and love it. I've just been using some B-8 repair centers stuck on walls, at specific distances.

Keep us posted on how this works out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've made some paper cutouts that only expose the middle ring on those targets to make them smaller. I do wish the sirt pistol had a pulse mode that only activated the laser for a .1 second or so instead of keeping it lit for the duration of the trigger pull. I'm going to pick up a few more sets of the reaction targets so I can put them at various angles and distances. It should provide a good training schema.

And I wish it was an M&P model.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    goteron,
    You and I seem to be of a similar mind. I was just looking at cheap (fastfire) red dots for this very application. Would love to know how it was milled.

We just installed a projector based system at the store where I work and I realized how little I use irons anymore.
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."- Claire Wolfe

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Might have to so the same with a cheap dot for mine now that I have it back.

_MG_6157 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr

Feedback Score
    I've put a 10-8 rear sight on my SIRT, which is on all my Glocks, but this is a great idea. Well done.

And I agree, an on/off pulsed laser feature would be great.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    bought a cheap reflex today. I doubt I'll mill it, because of lack of cool equipment, but I think I can get to attach solid. It's not like its going to get much abuse.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by goteron View Post
    I do wish they had a reaction time function that would display your draw times.
    Just set a PAR time on your shot timer.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)