Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrong serial # on a form 1

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I just got off the phone with her she said for me to resubmit it and I will probably have it back by tomorrow, but she says since the lower has Cal-Multi and Mod-ST15, the SBR doesn't count for the serial number

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BT556 View Post
    I just got off the phone with her she said for me to resubmit it and I will probably have it back by tomorrow, but she says since the lower has Cal-Multi and Mod-ST15, the SBR doesn't count for the serial number
    Good to know. Glad you got it worked out.

Feedback Score

I don't believe she's correct. SBR is part of the SN. As mentioned above, it's a series of lowers they did with that prefix. They were initially going to be for short barreled rifles, but the demand for lower and complete >16" ARs caused them to use the lowers for other reasons. The SBR stands for Spike's Battle Rifle...nothing to so with an SBR Form 1.

You can look at their site or just do a Google Image search for Spike's lowers. All of their serial numbers have letters then numbers. My Form 1 was approved in May with SBR-455## as the SN.

It's a case of a research assistant or examiner making an incorrect assumption. For instance, they'd have never questioned a SN that started with SAR:

Or one that started with RM:

Last edited by BigWaylon; 11-12-14 at 13:32.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I just talked to a gentleman from spikes tactical named John D. And he assures me that SBR is apart of the serial number. I gave him my info and the examiners name and he is going to contact them and see what they say.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Just got off phone with John D and he talked to the ATF and explained the problem. The ATF was wrong and I still have to resubmit my form 1

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    send a picture of the lower with the serial number when you send your forms back. Probably not really needed with all the back and forth you have gone through, but cant hurt.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    send a picture of the lower with the serial number when you send your forms back. Probably not really needed with all the back and forth you have gone through, but cant hurt.
    She actually called me before she denied it so I could send her a picture of it, so they already have one.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Just got off phone with John D and he talked to the ATF and explained the problem. The ATF was wrong and I still have to resubmit my form 1
    Sounds like you're getting more than your $200 worth of bureaucracy... end result you'll still have it, just one of those 'ATF are dumb' things.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    She actually called me before she denied it so I could send her a picture of it, so they already have one.
    So they said "hey this dont look right, send a pic", you sent a pic, and they saw EXACTLY what the serial number was, and still denied it? Thats dumb IMO.

Or are they trying to contest the space in between the "SBR" and the "XXXXXX" as the SBR not being part of it? One would think they would/could simply cross check how it was entered into the system by the MANUFACTURER, but thats probably to much work.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    What a mess.

From your OP, I thought you added SBR to the serial number. Now, I have even less faith in West Virginia.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast