Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wrong serial # on a form 1

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    So they said "hey this dont look right, send a pic", you sent a pic, and they saw EXACTLY what the serial number was, and still denied it? Thats dumb IMO.

Or are they trying to contest the space in between the "SBR" and the "XXXXXX" as the SBR not being part of it? One would think they would/could simply cross check how it was entered into the system by the MANUFACTURER, but thats probably to much work.
    that is exactly how it went down!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    Sounds like you're getting more than your $200 worth of bureaucracy...
    You have to think of all the crimes they're preventing. I know that I feel safer now.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Yesterday I redone my form 1 and efiled it. I sent the email to Carol and she sent it to her supervisior but I didn't hear anything back about it today. So maybe tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    When I woke up this morning I checked my status on the ATF website and my form 1 was Approved, but when I click on view form it still has watermarks that say SUBMITTED and isn't signed or stamped. Anyone else ever had this problem?
    Last edited by BT556; 11-14-14 at 16:07.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BT556 View Post
    Just got off phone with John D and he talked to the ATF and explained the problem. The ATF was wrong and I still have to resubmit my form 1
    Yeah, very strange. I've had two Spike's SBR-xxxxx serialed lowers get approved with the full serial number.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BT556 View Post
    When I woke up this morning I checked my status on the ATF website and my form 1 was Approved, but when I click on view form it still has watermarks that say SUBMITTED and isn't sighed or stamped. Anyone else ever had this problem?
    Haven't seen that combo. It's fairly common to get the stamp, signature and Approved box checked...but have a DRAFT watermark.

The SUBMITTED watermark and no stamp/sig is a new one to me. I'd send an email to ted.clutter@atf.gov if I were you. Include control number, serial number and licensee/permittee name.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Haven't seen that combo. It's fairly common to get the stamp, signature and Approved box checked...but have a DRAFT watermark.

The SUBMITTED watermark and no stamp/sig is a new one to me. I'd send an email to ted.clutter@atf.gov if I were you. Include control number, serial number and licensee/permittee name.
    Thanks I emailed him, I'm pretty sure the ATF hates me. I don't think anyone should have this much trouble with a correct form 1

Feedback Score
    Just had a guy on ARFCOM using one of these lowers get denied for using AR-15 as the model. Resubmitted using ST-15 and they approved it. However, he submitted the SN without the prefix. Ridiculous as that SN doesn't exist without the prefix.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 11-20-14 at 13:56.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I got mine back Sunday night as well, I remembered I still had the box the lower came the other day and it has the S/N on it as SBRxxxxx. John from spikes told me on the phone that he was going to send a letter to the ATF about the SBR s/n

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well, I submitted mine with the SBR prefix and it is still pending. Hopefully it doesn't cause an issue for me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast