Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: larue rail leveling problem...

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

larue rail leveling problem...

any suggestions on how i can get my larue hand rail to level? when i went to boresight my irons, i put the leveler on my upper receiver and it leveled out perfectly, but when i put it on the rail, it's saying i need to adjust it, when i adjust it to level, the holes won't line up to the gas tube... if i adjust it to level and align the holes just right, the whole barrel nut isn't tight at all... i'm stumped... any suggestions?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I use one of the above at the shop, almost daily when installing rails.
    http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/sto...ALIGNMENT+TOOL
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    grr! another tool i need to add to the list!

wait, in theory if i mount the mount of my trijicon acog half way on the receiver and the other half on the rail, it should work the same as the alignment tool right? these mounts are pretty heavy duty, so i don't think it would do any harm to the mount, i hope...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    I use one of the above at the shop, almost daily when installing rails.
    I've seen you post this before, Rob. What does the alignment tool move? My MI free float 2 pc is off a little, but I figgerd that forcing it into alignment might tweak the gas tube or something?

I don't have anything other than a light on my rail, so it's no biggie, but I was just curious.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    the larue has that half-moon shaped plate that locks to the upper receiver. that piece is the leveling device in the system, correct. mine didn't need to be clamped to the handguard before tightening down.

my DD lite rail, on the other hand......
    "you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Feedback Score
    Sounds like you haven't torqued your barrel nut to the next hole to allow the gas tube to enter unmolested. If you get the hole top dead center, your rail will be aligned.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 762Combat View Post
    Sounds like you haven't torqued your barrel nut to the next hole to allow the gas tube to enter unmolested. If you get the hole top dead center, your rail will be aligned.
    Could be.

This is a factory Sabre upper. I'm not too worried about it... it's less than 1mm off.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    I've seen you post this before, Rob. What does the alignment tool move? My MI free float 2 pc is off a little, but I figgerd that forcing it into alignment might tweak the gas tube or something?

I don't have anything other than a light on my rail, so it's no biggie, but I was just curious.
    Sorry for the late reply. The alignment block allows you to keep the top of the rail and the receiver in perfect alignment (side-to-side and height wise). It' makes Lite Rails a breeze. Its really designed best for YHM type rails where you have a lock ring. But I use it on just about all rails, it's takes a little longer for install but it's worth it.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Price is actually more reasonable than I thought it'd be.
    Yup, I'm a Dinosaur!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Anyone tried using there removeable carry handle to align the upper and rail?
    Used it twice and it worked just fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast