Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Apex Tactical Flat Faced Forward Set Sear and Trigger kit-Introduction

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scootle View Post
    Amen... not looking for "competition" grade triggers here either, but if they are setting these up into an "ecosystem" where the end-user can pick/choose from a menu of modular-like trigger features... we could be onto something pretty awesome!
    Hi Scootle,

The kit is sold with two different trigger return springs- the silver one should guve you a pull around 4 lbs, the green HD spring should be in the range of 4.5-5 lbs. Using the factory TRS would drop you into around the 3 lb range. Due to slide/frame tolerances being what they are, your measured weight could be different. The flat face design provides greater mechanical advantage to the trigger bar, so if you couple the trigger and forward set sear with our competition TRS and striker spring you get a trigger that would rival some race guns in the $2400.00 range. It is what I call stupid light.

We wanted to give the end user the ability to select what pull weight was right for their intended application- anywhere from sub-two pounds on up th 5.

-Randy
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quick Question For Randy,

Can the flat face design coupled with the forward set trigger kit be utilized with the two aforementioned springs for a 4 and a 4.5 - 5lb trigger pull? Also can I purchase additional trigger springs in case of breakage? Thank you for your time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Survival View Post
    Quick Question For Randy,

Can the flat face design coupled with the forward set trigger kit be utilized with the two aforementioned springs for a 4 and a 4.5 - 5lb trigger pull? Also can I purchase additional trigger springs in case of breakage? Thank you for your time.
    Depending on the tolerances of your specific pistol, one of the two springs provided in the kit should get you into that range. We do have trigger return springs available for purchase.

-Randy
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Will this also fit/work in the .45 M&Ps, particularly a compact? I have a .45 I would really love to set up with one of these in the 4.5 lb range.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post
    Will this also fit/work in the .45 M&Ps, particularly a compact? I have a .45 I would really love to set up with one of these in the 4.5 lb range.
    Most definitely. We shot some video footage today of the trigger in a 45 compact.
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lee View Post
    Most definitely. We shot some video footage today of the trigger in a 45 compact.
    Thank you sir, I can guarantee you some more of my money as soon as these are released!

Feedback Score
    The kit is sold with two different trigger return springs- the silver one should guve you a pull around 4 lbs, the green HD spring should be in the range of 4.5-5 lbs. Using the factory TRS would drop you into around the 3 lb range. Due to slide/frame tolerances being what they are, your measured weight could be different. The flat face design provides greater mechanical advantage to the trigger bar, so if you couple the trigger and forward set sear with our competition TRS and striker spring you get a trigger that would rival some race guns in the $2400.00 range. It is what I call stupid light.

We wanted to give the end user the ability to select what pull weight was right for their intended application- anywhere from sub-two pounds on up th 5.

-Randy
    This is great info. Thanks. I may very well have a M&P9 PC CORE coming soon, so this will stay on my radar! You're going to "make" me take another beautiful vacation/drive down there to Los Osos to visit... I mean, drop off my pistol.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scootle View Post
    This is great info. Thanks. I may very well have a M&P9 PC CORE coming soon, so this will stay on my radar! You're going to "make" me take another beautiful vacation/drive down there to Los Osos to visit... I mean, drop off my pistol.
    It's what we do.
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post
    Thank you sir, I can guarantee you some more of my money as soon as these are released!
    Thank you for believing in our products!
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It is in the queue for this upcoming year.
    I'm here for the gang bang

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast