Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The model 57 seldom scene and much loved

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Damn.... That is gorgeous..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When I think "serious-use revolver", that's pretty much exactly the image that pops into my head.

I had never heard of the .41 Magnum until I went to a gunshow while in college looking to buy whatever .357 or .44 I could find the best deal on (back when you could still find deals at gun shows), and ended up walking out with a Blackhawk in .41. Great cartridge.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coltm4223 View Post
    Didn't Amarillo PD issue the Model 57 a while back?

Very close friend who retired Amarillo PD, we've had long discussions on the topic of firearms. Amarillo PD did not issue the S&W 57 or 58, it was approved for duty use and you could purchase one through the city and have the cost deducted from your paycheck in increments. The city did furnish .41 magnum ammo for qual, practice and duty, infact the last member of the Amarillo PD still carrying a .41 magnum on duty just retired approximately 5 years ago. The city was glad since they did not have to buy any more .41 ammo.
    San Antonio used 58 several years back.

Feedback Score
    I love to shoot the 41its a great cartridge.
    WWW.SUPERIORFIREARMSLLC.COM
    10111 Production Court
    Louisville ky. 40299
    502-365-2244

Former VSM Regional Endorsed Instructor

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Love shooting the 41, and would like to find a model 57 or 58. Until then ugly blackhawks work quite well. One son took a decent hog with his recently.

Feedback Score
    I am a Model 57 41 Magnum owner & I love yours except for the bobbed hammer. But I wouldn't turn it down because of it.

Feedback Score

Pinned barrel

Great caliber. Impressive workmanship. I especially like the smoothing of the cylinders. That should be standard on all S&W revolvers.

Noticed the pinned barrel. Are the cylinders recessed? What was the condition of the gun prior to refinishing?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Drill Sergeant View Post
    Great caliber. Impressive workmanship. I especially like the smoothing of the cylinders. That should be standard on all S&W revolvers.

Noticed the pinned barrel. Are the cylinders recessed? What was the condition of the gun prior to refinishing?

Thanks!
    The gun was fair condition before I did it and thank you for the compliments.
    WWW.SUPERIORFIREARMSLLC.COM
    10111 Production Court
    Louisville ky. 40299
    502-365-2244

Former VSM Regional Endorsed Instructor

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234