Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My more money than sense MK 262 Mod 1 clone development project.

Feedback Score
    I don't have any chrono numbers yet as I have just done the OCW test. The results are promising with Ramshot TAC. Group 2 is 4 shots. I suspect velocity of the upper node is pushing 2800fps.

DD 18" CHF S2W barrel
    LC virgin brass, matchish prep
    FGMM primer
    77SMK
    2.245" OAL
    LFCD

TgtGfx2_zpsfb8a2135.jpg
    Last edited by colt933; 12-14-14 at 11:37.

Feedback Score
    Well I finally got to try my rounds today. Due to weather and time I was only able to shoot at the local indoor range. I made up 12 different loads and these were the best two. I will make up more of these two and give them a go at 100 yards. These were fired from my 14.5 BCM with an aimpoint t1. I have no chrony right now but hope to get one before I try them at longer ranges. Given the fact that these were my first rifle rounds I was just glad my gun did not blow up. 👍

Edit to add data

Photo on right is a mid charge of 21.3gr ar comp
    Photo on left is 22.1gr ar comp which I believe is Alliant's max

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by cwgibson; 12-22-14 at 20:48.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgibson View Post
    Well I finally got to try my rounds today. Due to weather and time I was only able to shoot at the local indoor range. I made up 12 different loads and these were the best two. I will make up more of these two and give them a go at 100 yards. These were fired from my 14.5 BCM with an aimpoint t1. I have no chrony right now but hope to get one before I try them at longer ranges. Given the fact that these were my first rifle rounds I was just glad my gun did not blow up. ��

Details my good sir, need details.

Feedback Score
    I have to check my book and see exactly which loads these were. This was with AR Comp, pmc brass, Remington primers and mag length OAL. I used 77gr SMK's with a light Lee factory crimp as Markm has suggested. I had no pressure signs of any kind and no feeding issues either. I felt pretty good for a rookie.
    I will add that I used these targets to zero another aimpoint I have and when I confirmed the 100 yard zero it was dead on. The way these targets work is to use the colored part as your POA and adjust for POI on the gray circle. What I am wondering is this rifle was zeroed with xm193's and some of the lower charge loads grouped well on the colored section, which is exactly POA. So I want to see the difference POA/PoI of these and the 193 stuff at 100. Not sure if that makes sense or not but basically as the charge increased these loads came more inline with the zero of the rifle which is a lot lighter bullet, 25 yards just may not be far enough to get much of a difference.

Last edited by cwgibson; 12-22-14 at 20:33.

Feedback Score
    Here is an example of what I was referring to, this is a 20.5gr charge and a so so group that is exactly POA/POI. When compared to the above photos it is easier to see the POI shift as the charge goes up.

Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    This is max published load (22.1gr) at 50 yards using the mag as a rest with an Aimpoint micro 2 MOA dot. These 11 shots were with a cold barrel and only a short pause between shots. I used the Nosler 77gr for this group.

Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by colt933 View Post
    I don't have any chrono numbers yet as I have just done the OCW test. The results are promising with Ramshot TAC. Group 2 is 4 shots. I suspect velocity of the upper node is pushing 2800fps.

DD 18" CHF S2W barrel
    LC virgin brass, matchish prep
    FGMM primer
    77SMK
    2.245" OAL
    LFCD

TgtGfx2_zpsfb8a2135.jpg
    Did you see any pressure signs with these loads?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234