Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vertical Foregrip vs. Angled Grip

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    As someone who has family that was born "retarded", yet also someone who found Tropic Thunder hilarious (aka - I can get a joke, bro), I still find that Magpul graphic to be in extremely poor taste. I get the "100% personnel and priority changeover", but how a global company with .mil contracts could be so unprofessional is extremely unsettling.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Any thoughts on the KAG? I have one for a KMR that I haven't installed yet. I was torn between that and their stubby vertical grip. At $17 I though it was worth a shot.

Feedback Score
    At least with the BCM offering, you can maintain some of the usefulness that you get with a VFG, such as shooting in weird positions using the VFG as a brace. Not a knock against the AFG but in my opinion it only has one purpose, to hold the rifle as intended, which may not be useful in the situation that you are put into.
    Owner Parabellum Arms, LLC. (small LGS)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    As someone who has family that was born "retarded", yet also someone who found Tropic Thunder hilarious (aka - I can get a joke, bro), I still find that Magpul graphic to be in extremely poor taste. I get the "100% personnel and priority changeover", but how a global company with .mil contracts could be so unprofessional is extremely unsettling.
    IF You haven't read all the replies, You might want to read #6....

Peace Jeff

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Any thoughts on the KAG? I have one for a KMR that I haven't installed yet. I was torn between that and their stubby vertical grip. At $17 I though it was worth a shot.

Hmac.

What are those, is this what some of the guys are calling "Hand Stops" Sorry IF any think it's a dumb question but I am NOT affraid to ask, especially since I am really
    NEW to the PDW (AR) platform..?

Peace Jeff

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVTMaverick View Post
    Hmac.

What are those, is this what some of the guys are calling "Hand Stops" Sorry IF any think it's a dumb question but I am NOT affraid to ask, especially since I am really
    NEW to the PDW (AR) platform..?

Peace Jeff

No, that is a new grip from BCM that they call the Kinesthetic Angled Grip.

This is a handstop.

Last edited by WillHines; 11-18-14 at 09:28.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVTMaverick View Post
    IF You haven't read all the replies, You might want to read #6....

Peace Jeff
    I have, and it seems like a cop out.

"Not my fault. Somebody else made that happen"

On topic: I do think it's interesting Magpul doesn't plan to get on the Keymod train. I am divided on how this will go. On thing that made picatinny so successful was the standardization of it. I'd hate to see AR15 Mounts go the way of the entire 308 AR debacle.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 11-18-14 at 09:30.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I have, and it seems like a cop out.

"Not my fault. Somebody else made that happen"

On topic: I do think it's interesting Magpul doesn't plan to get on the Keymod train. I am divided on how this will go. On thing that made picatinny so successful was the standardization of it. I'd hate to see AR15 Mounts go the way of the entire 308 AR debacle.
    Picatinny is not going away. Keymod is going to obsolete in 5 years max. It's ugly and expensive to make. I think MLOK is going to be the civilian/hobby grade attachment method that stays with us because Magpul has released a TDP that lets anyone make it as long as they make it to spec.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    Picatinny is not going away. Keymod is going to obsolete in 5 years max. It's ugly and expensive to make. I think MLOK is going to be the civilian/hobby grade attachment method that stays with us because Magpul has released a TDP that lets anyone make it as long as they make it to spec.
    Meh. No different than Keymod. Same thing, just a different shape. Magpul took an existing "standard" and changed it to create a "new standard." So now instead of having one standard, we have a bunch of companies all creating their own individual standards. Which actually does the opposite of standardizing anything. Same thing in the tech world. We had all sorts of proprietary connectors disguised as "the new standard" until companies finally all adopted the USB interface. Will MLOK actually become the real standard? Who knows. Time will tell.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Guru View Post
    We have no plans to offer Keymod accessories at this time.
    Thanks for the response

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast