Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a FSP Rail system for a pinned flash hider upper

Feedback Score
    C4 carbine cutout is what I got for my 6920. With the gear sector mount a light can still go in a comfortable position and it saves a little weight without the extra rail. The weight is fairly negligible but I liked the look a little better than the full rail.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I'm very pleased with my Troy and I believe they now have a Keymod version.

https://troyind.com/rail-systems-acc...ils/drop/delta

It was simple to install and took less than 10 minutes. It gives you the real estate in front of the FSB and has built in QD sling sockets on each side. You will need to remove the sling swivel under the FSB.

I have two Troy's also: a Delta like above and a VTAC Delta, and I really like both of them. Nothing to remove, just install and they work and lock in like a champ. I also have a Midwest Industries FSP rail and I like it too, but it feels heavier than my Troy rails. I did have to remove the Delta ring to install the Midwest Industries rail. Not hard at all, and takes no time to do if you have a dremel tool.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vigilant2 View Post
    I believe the Centurion Arms C4 12 FSP is discontinued. I have 2 carbines with them and was contemplating getting another for my other carbine. Only source I found for it was Rainier Arms, two Sundays ago they had 3 left ( I didn't have funds at the time) now they are out of stock. Centurion Arms doesn't even list it on the website anymore. Subsequent searches all come up with out of stock. The Troy delta looks good and I will probably purchase one.
    If this is the case that's a damn shame, those are some great rails. I had to order them as well through Rainier when I bought mine, at the time they were still listed on Centurion's website, but they were out of stock and Rainier wasn't.
    Do not go gentle into that good night...rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumber237 View Post
    If this is the case that's a damn shame, those are some great rails. I had to order them as well through Rainier when I bought mine, at the time they were still listed on Centurion's website, but they were out of stock and Rainier wasn't.
    I'm pretty sure that Centurion is redesigning their C4 rails and they are discontinuing them slowly...

That being said, the link below goes straight to Centurion's website where you can order it... it says that it's a "LIMITED PRODUCTION RUN ITEM," so I'd jump on it while you still can.
    http://www.centurionarms.com/product-p/0609-fsp.htm

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Centurion is owned by a Navy SEAL, Troy hires one many consider an accessory to murder and anti-gun police chiefs.

Your call.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 11-20-14 at 10:29. Reason: accuracy with respect to laws in Idaho in 1992
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Centurion is owned by a Navy SEAL, Troy hires murderers and anti-gun police chiefs.

Your call.
    Wow ! Learn something new everyday. Just did a little research on that. Never knew. Looks like I'll try to snatch up a "limited run C4 FSP" instead. Thanks for the info.
    "Do not mistake my silence for compliance or concession,
    I most probably have simply stopped casting pearls".
    Hayden 2002.

http://fastacademy.net/wp/

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    He has a pinned flash hider... unless he's already running a shorter Omega X rail that allows him to use his FSP, he cannot use any of these rails without having a smith remove the flash hider.

To the OP: the Centurion C4 FSP is what you're looking for if you want to use 1913 rails:
    http://www.centurionarms.com/product-p/0609-fsp.htm

The Troy Delta is an alternate solution if you want to have a more slick handguard without all the extra rails:
    https://troyind.com/rail-systems-acc...ee-float/delta
    My bad.....missed the pinned flash hider part.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    fondled my rifle a bit last night... decided that its a pretty comfortable setup for what it is (KISS). Looks like i'll be building a new upper to compliment my other rifle when I want to shoot competitions with my wife. C4 rail is a very nice piece of kit though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Centurion is owned by a Navy SEAL, Troy hires one many consider an accessory to murder and anti-gun police chiefs.

Your call.
    I'm doing the same with my Colt 6920 right now...I really like how the Troy VTac Delta rail looks and works.

However lime you said about Troy.....Troys business practice late last year in trying to hire some people I don't respect from what I've rwad bothers me. I'd much rather support the owner of Centurion but they no long make a rail for a FSP install.

I looked at the Midwest Industries MI Gen2 FSP Carbine rail but I don't know how much about it other than the cost is great. I currently have a Midwest Industries drop in Carbine length drop in that's been great.

Man I'm soooo confused on what to do!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I'm a little late to the game, but I've had 2 MI 12" FSP rails now and they are pretty good for the money. I also had a Centurion on a middy and that was a good rail as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast