Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dissapointed with cerakote on Aero precision receivers

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by black22rifle View Post
    I'm not sure why you think this thread should be locked, its not like they are not functional I was just stating they are not what i expected. Yes they are the ones that were on sale.
    As I recall, there is a board rule requiring you contact the manufacturer and give them an opportunity to resolve any issues before you can post a thread.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    There is also reasonable room for "Is this normal????" type questions as well. And my read is, no, that seems much softer, maybe should contact the mfg and give them a chance to resolve.

Sent from my PRC-104 using phonetics

Feedback Score
    33 (97%)
    All I was really asking was is this normal since this is my first experience with Cerakote.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by black22rifle View Post
    All I was really asking was is this normal since this is my first experience with Cerakote.
    IMHO: You have done NOTHING Wrong (Wholey CRAP) asking a question and looking for feed back to other peoples experiences with a product is okay. I am actually looking forward to hearing what they do (IF anything) for you.
    Still, it's a shame that even on gun sites there is some people so short in tolerance.. but as you know People are people no matter where you go.

IF you don't like the topic or so bothered by it, why not just blow it off, especially when you have more people talking-responding to the issue(s)
    To say something a topic like this should be locked up and shut down is just ridiculous. My .02

GH41 It's what you should have done before starting the post. This thread should have been closed long ago.

Questioning GH41 what is "closed long ago." as your reply is ONLY approx. 30 hours after he started this thread/topic it is NOT even 1.5 days opened!..?

Peace Jeff
    Last edited by RVTMaverick; 11-23-14 at 06:38.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I hate to necro this old thread, but...

I too purchased one of their most recent upper/lower combos and finally got around to inspecting it tonight and assembling a few pieces on the upper. I am seeing the same thing, with regards to the coating being awful. There are plenty of spaces between the Pic rail slots that are not colored, the ejector door spring scratched through the coating super easy, and the PLASTIC upper vice block I used rubbed the lip and removed the coating. I'll take pictures and show it, but it is awful. Very unhappy especially when I also bought the $25 burnt bronze billet trigger guard to match.

On the chance OP sees this thread, I wonder if he ever heard back from Aero.

Feedback Score
    What did aero say about it?

Is Cerakote caramic or organic?
    Last edited by MegademiC; 08-21-17 at 21:20.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Have you contacted Aero Precision yourself? If not, please feel free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by JRHorne View Post
    I hate to necro this old thread, but...

I too purchased one of their most recent upper/lower combos and finally got around to inspecting it tonight and assembling a few pieces on the upper. I am seeing the same thing, with regards to the coating being awful. There are plenty of spaces between the Pic rail slots that are not colored, the ejector door spring scratched through the coating super easy, and the PLASTIC upper vice block I used rubbed the lip and removed the coating. I'll take pictures and show it, but it is awful. Very unhappy especially when I also bought the $25 burnt bronze billet trigger guard to match.

On the chance OP sees this thread, I wonder if he ever heard back from Aero.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Have you contacted Aero Precision yourself? If not, please feel free to do so.
    Yes sent them a message through their online system last night before posting. I will be sure to update when/if they contact me back.

Also some pictures to show.

Attachment 47148Attachment 47147
    Last edited by JRHorne; 08-22-17 at 09:55.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Update from Aero:
    After submitting an initial photo (the first one I posted above) with my initial ticket to Aero (they only allow you to submit one image at a time), they responded wanting pictures of the ejector port cover. So I uploaded the second pic above. Got the following back:

Aero: Unfortunately, the photo received does not show any portion of the receiver scratched or uncoated.

So I take both photos, drop them in powerpoint, add red circles highlighting the areas that are poorly coated and have easily scratched. Here is what I get back:

Aero: Thank you for the additional photos unfortunately because the item was scratched during installation we would not be able to exchange the product for you.

In reference to the coating, the item is properly coated. Each burnt Bronze upper will be coated the same. If you would like to purchase another in place of the one that has been

blemished I can sell you one at a discounted rate of $11.26. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

So they view their coating as both acceptable and admit it is representative of their coating process. Lesson learned. I'll just have any other coatings done by a professional. Glad I've never dropped any coin for their specialty sets they have each month.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRHorne View Post
    Update from Aero:
    After submitting an initial photo (the first one I posted above) with my initial ticket to Aero (they only allow you to submit one image at a time), they responded wanting pictures of the ejector port cover. So I uploaded the second pic above. Got the following back:

Aero: Unfortunately, the photo received does not show any portion of the receiver scratched or uncoated.

So I take both photos, drop them in powerpoint, add red circles highlighting the areas that are poorly coated and have easily scratched. Here is what I get back:

Aero: Thank you for the additional photos unfortunately because the item was scratched during installation we would not be able to exchange the product for you.

In reference to the coating, the item is properly coated. Each burnt Bronze upper will be coated the same. If you would like to purchase another in place of the one that has been

blemished I can sell you one at a discounted rate of $11.26. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

So they view their coating as both acceptable and admit it is representative of their coating process. Lesson learned. I'll just have any other coatings done by a professional. Glad I've never dropped any coin for their specialty sets they have each month.
    I'm not sure where the areas are that have easily scratched, I don't see any issues in your images. The spring looks like it was pulled across, and I'm not all that impressed with Cerakote anyway. Too many people think it is better than anodizing, but I've never seen it come even close to the same level of protection. If you want something a different color, you should understand it is going to be a more fragile finish which lays upon the anodizing.

I would agree with AP, your first image shows nothing wrong. If you see a real world actual issue with your naked eye, the problem would be in your picture.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast