Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Need Help Narrowing for new CCW handgun

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasman View Post
    Because they're the same thing. The Lionheart is just a dolled up K5. Plenty of service history.
    He is correct on this.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Interesting, I didn't know that. Still, I prefer to stick to something more widely used here in the US, but that is why I said it was just my opinion.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Interesting, I didn't know that. Still, I prefer to stick to something more widely used here in the US, but that is why I said it was just my opinion.
    I agree with you as well, I believe the only country that the lionheart is in service is South Korea. I have fired one and it felt nice, like a little bit lighter Sig.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Given your situation, Smith and Wesson SD9. Saves you some $$ over ther M&P, enough to buy a little more ammo, holster, mags, etc. It comes with a Tritium front sight and backed by S&W warranty. I was skeptic of this model after a Sigma years ago but after reading the 2000 round review below, I am considering this as a plausible option for CCW rotation. APEX parts available for it as well.

This could be another sleeper like the P-07 was.

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...nd-test-thread
    Last edited by Father of 3; 11-22-14 at 23:34.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    How about the Walther PPX? Well within your budget and IIRC was on sale at CDNN for $279 for the standard model, and $299 for a threaded barrel. never shot one myself but after handling one in the store I have been considering getting one for the truck. I too have big hands and this pistol fit me just fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Why restrict yourself to polymer? I know it is trendy, but its not like you need to carry it all day, right? Used Third Gen Smith and Wesson autos like a 5906, CZ-75B, Beretta 92FS, all can be had either new or slightly used in your price range. Nothing wrong with the P-07, or P-09 from CZ either. Used G17's, and G19's are well price also.

Feedback Score
    Did the S&W Shield get mentioned? If not then consider one, they are pretty affordable

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
    Why restrict yourself to polymer? I know it is trendy, but its not like you need to carry it all day, right? Used Third Gen Smith and Wesson autos like a 5906, CZ-75B, Beretta 92FS, all can be had either new or slightly used in your price range. Nothing wrong with the P-07, or P-09 from CZ either. Used G17's, and G19's are well price also.
    I am heavily leaning towards the P-07. Can get it new for what it would cost some other guns used. Need to hit a local shop that carries them next week to check out how it feels in my hand and at later time maybe drop the $$$ if the place rents them, though highly unlikey; he has Glocks, M&P's and high end 1911's for rent for the most part.

Feedback Score
    Howdy BVickery,

Have you considered a Taurus?

I have a Taurus PT 845 .45acp that's my drive to work truck gun. I cannot carry at work so I have to leave it in my truck so I wanted a quality but low price handgun and the Taurus fit the bill.

It's a full size handgun but it's easy for a standard size or larger man to conceal.

I've fired over 2,000 rounds through it with any hiccups except for my LSWC handloads. All other types of ammo worked
    just fine.

The same model is available in 9mm and .40S&W. I paid $359.xx at Academy Sports.

HTH

Paul

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy BVickery,

Have you considered a Taurus?

I have a Taurus PT 845 .45acp that's my drive to work truck gun. I cannot carry at work so I have to leave it in my truck so I wanted a quality but low price handgun and the Taurus fit the bill.

It's a full size handgun but it's easy for a standard size or larger man to conceal.

I've fired over 2,000 rounds through it with any hiccups except for my LSWC handloads. All other types of ammo worked
    just fine.

The same model is available in 9mm and .40S&W. I paid $359.xx at Academy Sports.

HTH

Paul
    I have way to many bad memories of shooting a Taurus of a friend and to many issues. Not saying yours is bad, but just have severe doubts on their QC based on past issues.

I am going to grab the CZ P-07 after doing a lot of research on it here, on the net of various sites.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast