Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10.5" SBR: Magpul UBR stock too heavy?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
    Post #2 got me thinking.

A 10.5 is very short and part of that advantage is that is is more maneuverable.

I am thinking I would be defeating the purpose of such a SBR is the back end is so heavy.

I can always get another stamp for a UBR but I think the first one should be more utilitarian.

Like Stickman said, it did not take much for me to change my mind.

I can be fickle at times when deciding on options.

I still need to think about this.

I also have heard of people using UBR's on SBR's because there has been discussion of overall length on the Form 1.

I have some time to think about it since the lengths are within a 1/2 inch or so.
    Having a rear heavy stick isnt such a bad thing. It actually makes the front feel more "lively" when going from target to target. Most bullpups feel this way. Again its personal preference, alot of 3 gunners run magpul's PRS stock on 18" race guns.

Personally I like balancing my rifles around the magwell so the handling characteristics remain consistent no matter how much ammo is left in the gun.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Yes. Even with the PVS14, PEQ15 and a suppressor it was still stupid rear heavy.

Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    Even on the China doll lower...

That's awesome
    My Grinch heart grows three sizes, every time I see that little Chinese girl.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I feel like Arnold in PREDATOR.... "What the hell ARE you?"

As far as the UBR? The only thing I like less than the UBR is Hussein Obama.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I feel like Arnold in PREDATOR.... "What the hell ARE you?"

As far as the UBR? The only thing I like less than the UBR is Hussein Obama.
    LWRC?

Where is my graphic of a UBR attached to an M777 and the Marines saying "it's still too rear heavy!"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For me the UBR was too heavy, try the LWRC compact stock? I run a couple on my SBR's and like it. It's certainly not the "be all end all" but it's modestly priced and well made IMO.
    Last edited by mildot; 11-21-14 at 07:45.

Certified Colt, Glock, REM, Tikka, SIG & S&W Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    LWRC?
    Oooooh... that's tough. Who lies more? Hussein or LWRC??
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Oooooh... that's tough. Who lies more? Hussein or LWRC??
    If I were God, I would make Obama show up at your house with an UBR equipped LWRC rifle.

Last edited by Eurodriver; 11-21-14 at 09:13.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Some people love the UBR, and that's cool. I've shot a few guns with the UBR, and it's not a problem.

Feedback Score
    I have a UBR that I use on my SIG 516 when I trick it out like a DMR/ M27. It's already a heavy front end, being piston, with a 16" barrel and SF muzzle brake, then I add an Atlas bipod, TA11 ACOG, and the UBR balances it out nicely. For anything less than that (weight wise), I find I really don't care for the UBR. It simply makes the gun overly heavy. I wouldn't dream of putting it on a 10" SBR but that's just me. I've never cared for the heavy-rear feel like a bull pup. The CTR is still my most preferred stock, although I'd still like to try a couple other Magpul stocks in between the two.

Last edited by Bad_Karma; 11-22-14 at 11:47.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast