Thread: Black Friday 2014 Deals - M4\AR15 Specific

Feedback Score

Black Friday 2014 Deals - M4\AR15 Specific

I looked and didn't see any Black Friday threads. Figured we could start one and add to it as new deals come out. Try to keep this one for ar15 related products. Mods if this is not cool feel free to move and\or Delete.

My meager contribution Wal-Mart 20% off firearms.

http://www.slickguns.com/product/20-...aturday-sunday
    The man has won a national championship and been to another. Sure he’s a little bit weird, but have you been to Louisiana? They’re all weird. Death row inmates used to be able to choose “fed to alligators” as an option to be executed. Let Miles eat his grass and keep winning.

Feedback Score
    Keep a watch on Palmetto State Armory. They are always running deals.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Feedback Score
    I tried to reply to the other thread but I got an error message, so I thought I would post this here.

I went to Wal-Mart at lunch today. Bought a Colt 6920 by putting it on layaway. Never used layaway before, so let's just say that was a unique experience.

Went to the gun counter. As usual, no Wally World clerk anywhere to be found. Had to page for help twice. No response. Sent another salesperson to go find the gun clerks - no luck. All at lunch supposedly.

This store keeps their ARs in the gun vault so people don't break them by fondling with untrained hands. Problem is cannot tell what they have in stock - they have to go look. So, after 30 minutes go by, no one ever shows.

Unfazed by the usual WalMart routine of no one can find the keys to the case or the person who has the keys, I know the drill well enough to slip behind the counter (I was certain I was alone and was also certain that would bring a manager out to see what I was doing) I go and grab the gun catalog that has the pricing, and usually shows how many units are in the gun vault. Pricing was $1097. No indication of stock on hand.

Sure enough, out comes a lady in a blue vest, name tag clip conveniently attached but no name tag. She asks if I need help and I hand her the catalog. I tell her I want to buy the 6920, but I don't know if they have any in the gun vault (she is surprised I know of the catalog and the gun vault procedure, but I shop well).

She proceeds to the gun vault and disappears, but just before she does, she turns to me and says she knows I have been waiting a long time (now 45 minutes into my lunch hour) and she surprises me by saying she is going to give me a $50 gift card for being so patient. Knock me over with a feather time. I had been very pleasant and polite, and she gave me my just reward.... So now I am even more determined to see if a 6920 is in the vault.

She disappears, and another 15 minutes tick by. I figure I may get fired but I will at least have a new carbine to clock in at the range for awhile. Then, as quietly as she slipped in to begin with, she returns with a box and a helper. I tell her I want to put it on layaway so I can get the 20% off Black Friday pricing, and she says "Come with me."

She grabs a Customer Service Manager on the way, and sends her helper off to shag a gift card.

By now, I am just enjoying the show. We get to layaway, long line, store wheelchair riding grandpa and grandma, young mother with baby in cart, and me with a big old pie-eating grin on my mug.

Momma and baby want online price match on a vacuum cleaner for in store vacuum, and it takes four separate people to convince her she has the wrong item. She tries arguing, pouting, dogging the clerks out, every trick in the book to get her upgraded vacuum cleaner, and then demands to see the manager. Who instantly becomes tactically unavailable. Finally young baby mama (she was Caucasian so no offense to anyone) finally gives up and GTFO of line (with a wry smile as she exits the line vacuum-less). Wheelchair gramps pays some on his grand kids toys and now I'm up at bat.

Driver's license, phone number, 10% down, and the deal is done. My new Prancing Pony goes back to its stall in the gun vault, and I have a two foot long receipt that I have to sign and initial, my first layaway contract....

Here is the magic language: "If at the time of final payment of your layaway account, the retail price of an item in your layaway account is lower than the retail price for that item at the time you placed it in your layaway account, you will receive that lower retail price."

Bodaboom bodabing, I sign and initial, pay my 10% down and the assistant manager gives me my $50 gift card for "customer satisfaction" and I am out the door. Back tomorrow for my new 6920.

How did the math turn out?

Full retail plus sales tax = $1187.50

$1097 minus 20% sale discount = $877.60

Minus $50 gift card for keeping my cool and watching the show = $827.60

Out the door price tomorrow, including sales tax = $895.88

Savings on the deal = $290

Percentage off original retail price = 75 cents on the dollar ($0.7544)

Worth an hour and a half of my time = sure, why not?

And I get back to the office, boss calls me. Go to see if I am busted, and I am told to shut the door.

Not good.

Shut the door. Turn around ready for anything, boss says how management has noticed how hard I have been working, and tells me to take tomorrow off, paid leave on the house.

Today was a great day. And tomorrow is looking real good, too!

Wally World - if you can tolerate what is now comparable to shopping in a third world street bazaar, you can score yourself some real bargains.

I know people who refuse to shop at WalMart.

Me? I will be back there tomorrow, to get my gun, and some targets.

Your experience may vary. But that price out the door was worth the wait.

Heck - $895 OTD -- that is what just an upper, BCG, and charging handle would have cost.

Like getting a Colt lower receiver for free.... Woo pow! Ping!