Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Micro Galil

Feedback Score

Micro Galil

My Micro Galil build arrived at my local FFL. I went by today and took a look at it.

Jeff at Hillbilly Firearms built it on a CNC Warrior receiver. The kit was from a new demilled rifle which included all of the parts save for the receiver. It will transfer to me on a Form 4. Now I just have to wait 6 to 8 months to take it home. It's not as heavy as I expected and the iron sights are pretty nice. I can't wait to shoot it.
    Last edited by Bret; 11-20-14 at 20:24.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    That is very nice. What's the barrel length on these?
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    8.5" according to the Form 4 that my FFL filled out. The CNC Warrior website says 7". I'll have to go by my FFL and measure it myself prior to sending off the Form 4.

Feedback Score
    Nice! I love to see unique guns from the 80's. I'm tired of seeing SBR ARs. I think even my grandma has one on a Form 1 now.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That's awesome!

I wish IWI was importing these instead of the ACE.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
    Nice! I love to see unique guns from the 80's. I'm tired of seeing SBR ARs. I think even my grandma has one on a Form 1 now.
    Agreed. I'd give a kidney for an R4

Sent from my SM-T217T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kdcgrohl View Post
    That is very nice. What's the barrel length on these?
    I went by and fondled it again today. It's 8.5" from the bolt face to the crown of the barrel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ha very nice! Ya don't see very many of those around.

Feedback Score
    I got to thinking that it had been well over four months and I had not received a call that the Form 4 was approved for my Micro Galil. So, I went by the gun store and, sure enough, they had the approved Form 4. Seems they left a voice mail message on our home answering machine three weeks prior and my wife forgot to let me know once again. I got it and will let you know how it shoots.

Feedback Score
    Well, I forgot to provide an update. As you'd expect, it runs as smooth as can be and has been 100% reliable. If you can get your hands on a Micro Galil built by Jeff at Hillbilly Firearms, don't hesitate. This rifle and my Sig 556 SBR are pretty much tied as my favorites.

I added a Mako flashlight handguard.

The description of the handguard says that it accepts Stinger 1 1/8" flashlights. Would I be correct to assume that it can somehow be activated when mounted inside the handguard? Where would I find one of these flashlights or a similar alternative?
    Last edited by Bret; 12-26-15 at 20:23.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast