Thread: Noveseekincoltsarmementdefence franken gun.

Feedback Score

Noveseekincoltsarmementdefence franken gun.

Built my first ar at a bad time. It has taken me since 2012 to make this happen as i have been wholey unwilling to pay some of the prices that people have been asking shortly after getting my stripped lower. I tried to stick with companies that have reputations for excelence and build it with reliabilty in mind first and smooth shooting second. I am very happy with the way it turned out. It has even got my wife to go shooting with me more. Flawless function in 600 rounds so far aside from a couple cheap magazines. Pmags have solved that.

Lower:
    Noveske gen2 FFL
    Dpms parts kit. (Got from a friend for a fair and reasonable price when lower parts were non existant. Trigger is remarkably unnoticable, it goes bang when i think bang)
    Vltor a5 reciever extention buffer, spring, and end plate
    Vltor emod stock fde
    Magpul moe grip fde. (Started with a moe k but didnt like the thinness)
    Seekins precision mag release button

Upper:
    Seekins precision sp223 billet upper
    Colt m4a1 14.5" barrel. (plan on supressor in the future and wanted to minimise poi shift with the heavier profile.)
    F marked front sight/gas block
    Knights Armament MAMS (pinned and welded by my self cause i am a welder by trade)
    Daniel Defense carbine length lite rail
    Dadiel Defense 1.5 fixed rear sight
    Daniel Defense bcg
    Rainier arms raptor charging handle (fuggin sweet by the way)
    Magpul rfg
    Magpul rail covers
    Gear Sector qd swivel socket

To come:
    Eotech exps3 fde or leupold mk4 1.5-5x20
    Surefire x300 ultra
    Knights Armament qdc suppressor
    Sling
    More pmags
    Ammo

Like i said i am very happy with the way this project has turned out. I originaly wanted a RIS II FSP rail in fde but i couldnt pass up the deal i got on the lite rail and am actualy happy with the weight savings. The rifle is kinda portly as is with out an optic, light, or suppressor. I started with a moe k grip and liked the angle but i have large hands and my trigger finger felt cramped on the trigger. Might try the k2 grip but am currently happy with the moe grip. Cant wait to start in on the other gen 2 stripped lower i have.

Last edited by skimbleshanks; 11-21-14 at 04:26.

Feedback Score
    Nice rifle.

Feedback Score
    Which cheap magazines were giving you issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Feedback Score
    20 round AR stoner mags from midway. With 20 rounds in the mag on a closed bolt, I pull the charging handle all the way back and release. No round is stripped from the magazine and chambered. Mags fall out too even after being pulled on to make sure they are latched in. I have 3 that I paid very little for a couple years ago when they were the only thing available and very cheap. 1 is still in its sealed plastic wrapper, I just don't trust them. Pmags work every time so I'll stick with those.

Feedback Score
    Update: Another ~1500 rounds and it still works. No malfunctions. Everything is super smooth. All the parts have really mated to one another.
    Parts changes:
    Geissle super dynamic enhanced trigger. Love it. Bought another one for my current sbr build.
    Magpul AFG. Just feels more natural and solid than the vertical grip.
    Blue force gear VCAS sling. Should have went with this long ago.
    EoTech EXPS3. Currently on my wife's 11.5" pistol. I like the window view more so than the tube view that aimpoints have. Battery life isn't great though.
    Haven't pulled the trigger on that damn Knights suppressor yet.

20160228_154257_2_2.jpg
    Last edited by skimbleshanks; 03-03-16 at 19:01.