Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying NFA stuff specifically for the kids?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    A suppressor will be out dated, a registered sbr lower likely won't be, using a good tryst, you can add trustees and beneficiaries later.
    The last time I was involved in a good tryst I took specific precautions against adding any future beneficiaries. I guy can't be too careful.

Chubbs

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    1. Colt 6933s

2. Surefire 7.62 RC

3. If your local C3 dealer will use a courtesy transfer on you, I suggest ordering an M203 from LMT or Colt. Courtesy transfers of DDs are going to be cut off eventually.

4. Imported assault rifles such as Arsenal/Izhmash AKs, Tavor, AUG, Scar, etc. The importation of these will be cut off.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    3. If your local C3 dealer will use a courtesy transfer on you, I suggest ordering an M203 from LMT or Colt. Courtesy transfers of DDs are going to be cut off eventually.
    What a courtesy transfer, why would a C3 dealer do one, what's a DD, and why will they eventually be cut off?

4. Imported assault rifles such as Arsenal/Izhmash AKs, Tavor, AUG, Scar, etc. The importation of these will be cut off.
    The AUG and Scar are made in the US. AK's and the Tavor are imported in a form that is compliant with "sporting purposes" and then modified when they get here in the US to the form they are sold in. Perhaps their import will eventually get cut off, but then again perhaps all gun manufacturing/sales will be cut off.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    What a courtesy transfer, why would a C3 dealer do one, what's a DD, and why will they eventually be cut off?

The AUG and Scar are made in the US. AK's and the Tavor are imported in a form that is compliant with "sporting purposes" and then modified when they get here in the US to the form they are sold in. Perhaps their import will eventually get cut off, but then again perhaps all gun manufacturing/sales will be cut off.

You are so quick to tell me I am wrong and at the same time you dont know what a DD is?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Every single one of those guns has a vast majority of its parts made in a foreign country.

They have just enough parts in them to make them 922r compliant.

The importation of the foreign parts can be cut off at any time by executive action.

Feedback Score
    Sorry, I didn't realize that you're so sensitive. Perhaps I should have waited another day or two. If someone, including myself, posts incorrect information, then there's nothing wrong with another person making a correction. It's not like I was rude or called you names.

At the same time, if one uses jargon that another's not familiar with, what's the harm in letting them know if they ask? I'm not too proud to admit when I'm ignorant or wrong.

BTW, most people consider where the bulk of the assembly of a firearm (or most anything for that matter) takes place to be where it was manufactured. If it was a firearm when it was imported, then it's an imported gun. If some parts for a gun were imported, but it became a firearm in the US, then it's not an import. Yes, I know that the legalities of Sec922(r) don't exactly align with this, but that's just legal BS. If you want to consider gun serial numbered and assembled in the US to be foreign made simply because it contains a few foreign parts, then that's fine.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Sorry, I didn't realize that you're so sensitive. Perhaps I should have waited another day or two. If someone, including myself, posts incorrect information, then there's nothing wrong with another person making a correction. It's not like I was rude or called you names.

At the same time, if one uses jargon that another's not familiar with, what's the harm in letting them know if they ask? I'm not too proud to admit when I'm ignorant or wrong.

BTW, most people consider where the bulk of the assembly of a firearm (or most anything for that matter) takes place to be where it was manufactured. If it was a firearm when it was imported, then it's an imported gun. If some parts for a gun were imported, but it became a firearm in the US, then it's not an import. Yes, I know that the legalities of Sec922(r) don't exactly align with this, but that's just legal BS. If you want to consider gun serial numbered and assembled in the US to be foreign made simply because it contains a few foreign parts, then that's fine.

You aren't understanding what I said. It isn't "a few foreign parts." Almost the entire gun is foreign.

Example: FN SCAR

The vast majority of this gun is made in Belgium. Most all of the parts are made in Belgium. It says Made In Belgium on the side of the receiver.

It has the minimal amount of stuff done to it to make it compliant with the import ban.

You are confusing with what is legally happening to what is physically happening, when one of these guns is brought to market.

Feedback Score
    I'm pretty sure Colt is now restricting SBRs to SOTs unless they have a PD letter. Anyone know for sure?

About the M203: What use would any of us have besides collecting? I've never seen ammo for it for sale other than chalk and smoke. I'd love to be educated because I have no desire for a 37 and I haven't been able to come up with a good enough reason to go through the hoops for a 40.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    You aren't understanding what I said. It isn't "a few foreign parts." Almost the entire gun is foreign.

Example: FN SCAR
    Thanks for the correction. I guess that's what I get for using information from Wikipedia.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_SCAR

So you're not going to answer the three questions that I originally asked?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I can only imagine how happy I would be had my father set aside an M16 for me when I was born. He didn't/doesn't have one himself, but that is beside the point. If he had set one aside, and I turned out to be a turd, then he would have made a great investment for himself. I shall learn from his mistakes, and....not raise turds.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast