Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Accidentally ran my AR dry....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    You'll be good to go. Just don't forget to apologize to it...
    I did.... profusely!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    Won't hurt a thing. A buddy of mine has put about 3K rounds through a suppressed 6945 with NO LUBE. It runs fine.
    But why?????

YOLO? DGAF?

Feedback Score
    Interesting. Now I want to try this with my BCM. I live in the desert so "sand in the gun" is a constant issue on the ranch.

Feedback Score
    Lubed "sand" works better than dry sand.
    Dave

INNOVATION IS SELDOM ACCOMPLISHED WITHOUT CONTROVERSY.
    My first rule of a gunfight, thanks to John Farnam's wise advice. "Get away from there!"

Feedback Score
    Having come from the military, I've always been taught to run a weapon wet, but you don't need to. I put Slip2000 in every 500+ rounds just to satisfy my inner range coach, but I probably don't need too. I love my Daniel Defense, you did right by buying one
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ^Rb View Post
    But why?????

YOLO? DGAF?
    Kevin Boland of KAC who frequents this forum actually made a video showing his SR-16 11.5 that was shot I believe 100% suppressed with KAC CQB can and mostly on full auto for 3-4k after being lubed with fireclean, gun just ran and was easy to wipe down afterward. The video is on fireclean 's YouTube!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DougC View Post
    Quick question.... I feel like an idiot but through some mistakes (I assumed that the new unfired rifle I bought was lubed) I ended up running my AR15 dry for close to 300 rounds. Should I be worried about damage or was that not enough rounds for me to be concerned?
    I've run my Anderson Manufacturing AR15 dry for over 3 years and never had a problem. Of course they tell you to run it dry, because of the coating on the gun.
    There are only 2 things we should fight for. One is defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights.

Gen. Smedley Butler, USMC

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougC View Post
    Quick question.... I feel like an idiot but through some mistakes (I assumed that the new unfired rifle I bought was lubed) I ended up running my AR15 dry for close to 300 rounds. Should I be worried about damage or was that not enough rounds for me to be concerned?
    It's broken forever. Send it to me for urgent TLC.

It's fine. Lube it up and carry on.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Lubed "sand" works better than dry sand.
    This is a WIN post. LOVE IT. I might use it on my customers.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Throw it in the trash. It's done. You popped the cherry and it will never be the same.......

Not really. It'll be alright Doug. But don't let it happen again, or you'll get your birthday taken away.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast