Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus: The Curve

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerkid View Post

... looking for love, ...
    ... in all the wrong places.

Almost dinner time dude.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    ... in all the wrong places.

Almost dinner time dude.
    Don't encourage him. We don't need another dick in the apple pie.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    How would you know what you are aiming at on a bright day or dead batteries? No sights!!!
    This! I thought my LCP "sights" were bad. I won't be going near this abomination. If it brings new shooters into the fold, great, other than that I don't see a use.

Feedback Score
    I love a company that tries to put lipstick on a pig (the 738), then market "features" like a total lack of sights... The sad news is I'm SURE Taurus will sell tons of these.

I will say that the concept of an integrated light/laser into the polymer frame is forward thinking - didn't Ruger just come out with something similar that turns on automatically on drawing out of a special holster?

Feedback Score
    Thousands of Judge and Kelcrap owners are breathless with anticipation...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalms144.1 View Post
    didn't Ruger just come out with something similar that turns on automatically on drawing out of a special holster?
    IIRC it's a Viridian equiped model, LCP and LC9. There's a magnet (?) in the holster that activates it when seperated. Neat idea, but IMO the holster sucks and I only trust CT on my pistols.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by July4th View Post
    This! I thought my LCP "sights" were bad. I won't be going near this abomination. If it brings new shooters into the fold, great, other than that I don't see a use.
    I think new shooters would be the last people I'd want using a gun with no way to aim, at least if I'm present.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Looking at this objectively (not just trying to get a laugh like some commenters), and separating DESIGN from EXECUTION (where Taurus usually fails hardest):

1. integrated light and laser. Laser integration has become more common in recent years, but not light AND laser.

2. Every design is a trade off between shootable ergonomics and concealability. Every gun is somewhere on that continuum. This gun veers farther towards the concealability end of the axis than almost any other pistol we've seen. Whether it pans out or not, it will be an interesting case study for that trade-off.

3. Lack of traditional sighting setup seems to be a step too far. Even a Guttersnipe like the old ASP pistols would be better and not much bulkier.

4. Integration of a holster (belt clip): We've seen these before (Keltec, LCP, Technaclip).

So, it looks like they took several existing technologies (lights, lasers, clip) and wrapped them up with something that prioritizes concealability FAR beyond shootability. Like I said, I'm more interested in discussing the merits of the DESIGN choices they made than I am bashing Taurus' known poor reliability and quality ad nauseum. WE KNOW Taurus makes crap. But what are the merits/demerits/etc of these design choices? Imagine the side of the gun says Glock, or HK. What would you think now? If I knew that this gun was made with typical HK quality, I'd plunk my money down in a heartbeat. Not because I'm a "HK fanboy", but because I'm interested in trying guns that try innovative things to push the envelope...which I would say this thing does.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavydmp View Post
    Thousands of Judge and Kelcrap owners are breathless with anticipation...
    If I was a gun dealer, I'd have a pallet of these retarded things on order. No Joke.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    If I was a gun dealer, I'd have a pallet of these retarded things on order. No Joke.
    I have no doubt they will sell very well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast