Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus: The Curve

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    If I was a gun dealer, I'd have a pallet of these retarded things on order. No Joke.
    They'd all be sold on pre-orders for sure.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    I'll keep my Homeboy Nyte Sytes for now.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thank you RAM Engineer for your comments. That is exactly the discussion I was looking for.

Like I said, I'm not a fan of Taurus but I think the out of the box thinking/design on this could trickle in to other manufacturers models (or perhaps not at all). As you mentioned, if Glock or HK was roll marked on the slide would serious shooters consider it?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerkid View Post
    As you mentioned, if Glock or HK was roll marked on the slide would serious shooters consider it?
    I wouldn't. Whats the old saying? "You can sprinkle sugar on a turd but it is still a turd"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you RAM Engineer for your comments. That is exactly the discussion I was looking for.

Like I said, I'm not a fan of Taurus but I think the out of the box thinking/design on this could trickle in to other manufacturers models (or perhaps not at all). As you mentioned, if Glock or HK was roll marked on the slide would serious shooters consider it?
    As I tried to say, I support a company who wants to try something new regardless of the company. The Rhino revolver I thought was weird but would give it a chance, and have heard some good things from some shooters, not that I would go out and be buying. That said, I do wish that the gun would at least be function and QC would be decent. However, as with other designs, the R51 for example, sometimes the reason something has never been done before, or a design has gone the way of the dodo, is because it was never that great of an idea to begin with. A thought that I have had looking at this is while the gun may have a slight edge to concealment, how big of a pain is this thing to reload? There is no straight insertion, but rolling a mag into the gun, I foresee this being a bit of an issue for some, as well as another place with tolerances may create big problems.

That said, time will tell.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Your post makes me realize how brain dead I am.... Crooked mags! I never even considered that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Your post makes me realize how brain dead I am.... Crooked mags! I never even considered that.
    Don't feel too bad. This thread has gone on for what three days? And I just now thought of it and I was well lubed at least one of those days. But it would be something I would consider.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Hell, the Ruger 10/22 and 10/44 have rotary magazines, same with the drum magazines for various guns, they seem to work ok. Just because the magazine is a little skewed doesn't mean that it won't feed. This gun may or may not work, same as the Remington 51, it may turn into a flop.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    It has straight magazines

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    It has straight magazines
    ...so logic would dictate that material would have to be added to increase strength, thus rendering its supposed benefits null.

"Hey we made this handgun that fits the contours of your body, but in order to get the magazine to fit, we had to make it two inches thick!"

Seriously - look at the barrel in relation to the slide. Now look at most every other pocket .380 - this thing is going to be one fat turd.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast