Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What would cause not being able to pull the slide back on a loaded Glock?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Seen this happen a few times from the same lot of factory ammo from a major manufacturer. Even had a couple of squibs. Ammo from that lot was inspected and was found to be the issue. As mentioned holding the slide and jamming the grip is what usually works.
    Hello Surf. Please check your PMs. Thanks!
    Dave

INNOVATION IS SELDOM ACCOMPLISHED WITHOUT CONTROVERSY.
    My first rule of a gunfight, thanks to John Farnam's wise advice. "Get away from there!"

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Thanks for all of the info. I have contacted Storm Lake about this issue and will reply with their course of action.

While I would be more than happy to get the chamber reamed/polished myself, I still have the factory barrel that functions 100% and my suppressor won't be available for another few months at least. I'll give the manufacturer a shot at remedying this before I go and void any warranty that may exist.

The good news is that it appears to be a relatively easy fix.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had this experience with a Glock 26 and factory barrel. Dropping the mag allowed slide to go back. Also, the event varied among ammo brands--less so with good stuff. When I reported it here about 4 years ago, an expert(gone now)told me that I worry too much. When I called Glock, the guy there said that he never heard of it before. I never figured it out.
    Last edited by williejc; 11-27-14 at 22:15. Reason: grammar

Feedback Score
    I just fitted a Bar-Sto semi-fit barrel in one of my G19s. I'm doing this as range toy to see how accurate I can get the gun to be, and erring on the side of tightness over reliability. Once I got the barrel to go into battery, I still had to do some light stoning on the top forward part of the hood. Until I did, chambering a dummy round would result in a slide that was very difficult to retract. I haven't seen the storm lake barrels. Perhaps this slight angle is lacking on the SL barrel and needs either a little fitting or some hot loads to break it in.
    Crossing the Noobicon

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Just wanted to update this.

I contacted Storm Lake about this and they mentioned a 250 round break in period.
    Sure enough, after the issues I described in my original post I haven't had a single issue or failure of any kind with either ammo (and others) listed in this thread.

I've been shooting the heck out of this gun over the holiday and have well over 400 rounds through this pistol and the only failures were the ones listed in the OP before it hit the 50 round mark. I appreciate everyone's advice and I'll be sure to pick up some Fireclean and utilize the "mortaring" technique for pistols you all mentioned.

The barrel is noticeably more accurate as well!
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 12-05-14 at 09:38.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123